Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2004 4:18:30 PM EDT
i have had this M1A for aobut 6 years.  i never noticed before so i think it's broken.  when you pull the op rod all the way back you can twist it up slightly and it catches on the back of the receiver and will lock open.  this is not the open bolt thing on the left side of the rifle.  it doesen't happen unless you twist it and make it happen.      
is this normal?

thanks.

P.S.  the kid outside is playing his car radio to loud again so i need an answer quick as i am going to fix his boom box with my boom stick
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:16:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, it is broken.  Send it to me for disposal.

Just kidding, it sounds like the op rod removal notch.  Buy a book or do some research on breaking down that puppy for cleaning and greasing.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:19:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

P.S.  the kid outside is playing his car radio to loud again so i need an answer quick as i am going to fix his boom box with my boom stick

Not a problem, reassemble, turn off gas port, and blast boom box. Now a single shot

Later,

Danny
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:46:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree with newguy.  You're probably just catching the op rod lug in the take down notch.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:00:09 PM EDT
[#4]
yup. ya found the notch to remove the op rod!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top