Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/14/2006 3:27:36 PM EST
I know that alot of people don't like or use heatshiellds but I had on a 590that I had and I liked it and I liked the way it looked I got one for my 870 but its gay and it comes off and moves around its alot more trouble than its worth does anyone know of a good on or at least on that stays on the damn gun thanks
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:06:00 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/14/2006 4:06:16 PM EST by dfariswheel]
Every commercial version I've seen shifts and often rattles.

If you really tighten them down, they still shift AND scratch up the barrel.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:04:09 PM EST

Every commercial version I've seen shifts and often rattles.
Same, here. That's because most of the commercial shields are made to be a "generic" fit; they'll fit onto the gun, but nowhere near as secure as one that's designed for THAT gun, like the one that comes on the 590 from the factory.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:12:09 AM EST
I think you answered your our question
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:19:09 PM EST
I got tired of trying to fight mine and just tightened it up where it would wind up anyways.
There's about an inch or so of exposed barrel near the reciever but it's supported on the front end by the magazine clamp. I pounded/tightened it down to the point where it doesn't go anywhere and it does the job just fine of keeping my hand off the hot barrel. My only real complaint is that it may have encouraged some bad muscle memory because I tend to singe my fingertips when I use my friends Mossberg.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:49:30 PM EST
When i got my 870 i didnt want to put a heat sheild on it. i ended up doing so because i keept burning my hands. but i have never had any problems with mine moveing around. it was a bitch to get on in the first place, but its on solid now.
Top Top