Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2007 5:53:48 PM EDT
Anyone used a barrel heatshield? I know they are looked down upon as tacti-cool, but at a recent shotgun class the barrel was very heated and when slinging or cycling if I accidentally touched the barrel it burned - any reccomendation on a solid one for a 870 as opposed to cheesy?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 5:53:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Mossberg makes a metal one. I actually used one on a 590 (with a plug limiting it to three shots) for Dove hunting. It kept my hand from burning. If you are going to be in combat situation with a shotgun, I'd recommend a heatshield.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:11:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I disagree.  If you only have bead sights, it will interfere with them.  They really aren't needed.  Buy some aloe-vero for the burns and try not to touch it if you are going to be shooting a high round count.  If it is going to be a defense or duty weapon, the likely hood of heating it up that high, in a shooting, is unlikely.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 3:34:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I put one on my Winchester 1300

and modified this one for a 870

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top