Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2010 2:00:37 PM EDT
i'm thinking about it, and am looking for pointers.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 5:49:16 PM EDT
[#1]
not all composite but a good start

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2178185
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 5:09:27 PM EDT
[#2]
There was an article in American Gunsmith a few years back.  Drop me an e-mail address, I'll see if I can find it and scan it.  I was considering trying it, just never got around to it, so if you do, please share!
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 7:08:40 AM EDT
[#3]
ya, I've been kicking the idea around some. 1 of the small businesses that I own does fiberglass tank repairs and piping installation, so working with composites is not anything out of my scope of knowledge. I've cut and shortened a few of my own stocks with good results. Most of the composite stocks I've looked at are a foam or AL block / foam cores and what looks like Kevlar and or carbon fiber prepreg vacuum bagged  around the core, and heat cured, as opposed to a wet laminate layup. the trick here is to find or make the core blank, in a design that works and is comfortable. firearm stocks have been around for the last few years so I don't see any need to reinvent the wheel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top