Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2002 11:27:46 AM EDT
Who makes a good hard case that will hold an AR with a sling?  I have an SKB single rifle case but with the sling it doesn't fit.  SKB also offers a 40" double rifle case but it seems to bulky for a single rifle.

thanks for any idea's
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 11:41:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Get yourself a Pelican 1750. You can cut out the middle section of foam to hold the rifle in place and create a custom look. www.all-pelican-cases-4-less.com/detail_pelican_1750.html
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 12:04:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out my For Sale add in Accessories & Misc. for Starlight Cases.I give AR15.com Members a pretty good deal and free shipping.Thanks
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 1:26:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Four good reasons I own a Pelican case :

Air/Water Tight with doul locks

Purge Valve for air travel

Wheels for easy transport

Firm and secure "self cut" foam lining with lots of room for all your goodies!
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 2:14:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 2:32:48 PM EDT
[#5]
It's the Pelican 1700.  It measures 36" long, 14" wide and 6" deep.  Enough room for double stacked magazines with foam on both sides as well as any other extras you want to pack.  I just leave the tactical sling attached and just fold it underneath the gun.  I don't know if you can see it but in the lower cut-out under the rifle, there is a reinforced hole with quick release cater pin.  I use this to secure the case in my trunk which has been outfitted with a floor-stud which fits into the reinforced case hole and is then secured from inside the case with the cater pin.  Once the case is secured to the stud and then locked, it is almost impossible to remove from the trunk by a thief.  Oh... and the hole can be plugged with a round head bolt with rubber washer when you are travelling.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 5:14:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the info on the cases!  Duke76 that is a nice pea shooter!  By the way how much does a pelican 1750 weigh?  On the web sight cases for less, it lists the shipping weight at 38 lbs.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 5:41:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm not sure of the exact weight however, I would venture to guess that it's around 20-25 lbs. empty.   When it's fully loaded with all my gear I would be inclined to use the wheels if I'm toting it any great distances.  Unless I'm travelling or leaving my weapon locked in my car for extended periods, I prefer to just use a soft case.
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 5:56:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Pelican's are super fine, top of the line.  But if you can't afford one, which is understandable, go to Cabela's.  You can find what you are looking for there, including the Pelican's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top