Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2002 6:14:10 PM EDT
I am a UPS shipping center at work, can I ship a hangun to a ffl next day air?  Do I have to use Fed ex?  I just checked out ups page and couldnt find anything about firearms, but I though I remember something about fed ex being the only ones that would do it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 6:33:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure what companies can do it, but it does have to be shipped overnight.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 4:21:08 AM EDT
[#2]
UPS will ship a handgun. They require next day air and their tariff states it must be being sent for repair.  If they ask, tell them it is being sent for repair.  A dealer can also use the mail to ship a handgun to another dealer.  A nonlicensee cannot mail a handgun.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 5:10:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I am a supervisor at a UPS in Ohio.  The laws may be different where you live, but we ship handguns all the time.   Here they must be NDA insured.  Don't lie to them, we open all packages to check the contents.  Wouldn't want to ship any bombs you know.

The few times I shipped, I would only ship the gun in two packages as parts and label them that way.

The easiest way to find out your local regulations is to ask a sales Rep.  They should be scurrying in and out of the building all day, tell them you have a problem with an account, they will help you then.

What do I do when I need to ship a whole gun? I use Fed Ex.  UPS is so anti-gun I won't give them the business in this respect, if my guns are not good enough for them, neither is my money.  The new rules had little to do with security, it was all PC.
You should have absolutely no problem shipping to an FFL holder by NDA. Remember though, you must pay the extra $15 fee that they imposed on all of those evil handguns.
Fed Ex also imposed a fee on shipping handguns as well but it was less.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top