Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2002 7:45:37 AM EDT
ffl receives RRA receiver 0900, friday morning (thanks to online tracking). still hasn't called me (sunday morning) he
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:02:09 AM EDT
[#1]
be thankful you have an FFL to do bussiness with.

Id still like to find one in the metro denver area..
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:10:53 AM EDT
[#2]
7IDL,

Give Greg a call @ Denver Bullets. He charges me $20 on semi's  and can do the paperwork on 3 & 4's.

Denver Bullets & Ammunition
1600 West 13th Avenue, Denver, CO 80204
(303) 893-3146
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:16:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info Dano  
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 1:33:43 PM EDT
[#4]
OH MY GOD!!!!!! He hasn't called you for TWO WHOLE DAYS??????  And he charges you a whole ten bucks????  What a thief!

Get a grip, dude.  Sometimes it takes a few days before they can sort through their UPS shipments and get everything logged into their books.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 2:06:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like you need to chill. The man is doing it for next to nothing.Why can't you wait a few days after the received date and call him?
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 2:08:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Call him.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 6:35:47 PM EDT
[#7]
i guess i'm inpatient i call yesterday (mon, 8pm) and left a message. called again today (8pm), but he went to a meeting. "he'll get a hold of you, it's laying around here somewhere". we are not taking major sporting goods dealer, just an at home ffl.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 6:15:52 PM EDT
[#8]
well it's Wed 8:00 pm. still no call. too bad he is not as prompt as the dealers here on the board. oh well, i believe in karma (what the heck did i do???
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 11:12:48 PM EDT
[#9]
finally,7 days after delivery he calls. it's funny, he told a little white lie and said he received it on monday. i should have called his bluff and mentioned NTW emailed me the tracking number.

hey sparky and bully, in my eyes, his behavior is totally unacceptable. the world would be a better place if we treat others the way we want to be treated.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 4:50:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Aren't you the same guy(exsanguinte) the guy who said there are better things to do then collect firearms?  Not trying to flame you but I do remember a tread a while back about that.

Yeah I understand what you mean.  You paid for a product and it was delivered to your FFL.  It is good business for him to take care of you ASAP than gaff you off for a week.  Find another FFL or just be patient.  It's a side job for him isn't it?

Max
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 4:58:20 AM EDT
[#11]
excuse me while i vent.
i ordered an RRA lower from a great guy. he sends it up with his FFL in timely fashion. my FFL guy demands an invoice in addition to the FFL. good enough, i e-mail my guy and have him send the paperwork. he e-mails me that he faxed it. this is a week now since the lower arrived. i called the FFL and said i'm coming in to get it, and he says "yeah, c'mon in!". when i get there, (after a 35 minute drive) he says he can't find the invoice OR THE LOWER! i wait patiently while the guy digs through a bag-lady's paradise of heaps of shite, and no invoice. he says, well, your guy must not have faxed it, i said yes he did. the guy then has the kamolies to say that i should have called before coming all that way! i said: i did.

the next day, i e-mailed my guy and asked what's up, he says that when he called my FFL, they hit the "print from memory" button on the fax, and it came, i guess they ran out of fax paper. now, i have to wait for another week before i could get back. i went in, got the reciever, and the guy starts yackin and smackin like it's my guys fault ~ yeah, it's my guys fault that the gunshop looked like a three-year old's play-pen! and he proceeded to charge me thirty goshdarn dollars for the transfer! i couldn't believe it.

F%&k him, and all FFL's like him!
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 7:35:14 PM EDT
[#12]
max, i am the same exsanguinate, but i didn't said there were better things to do than collect firearms. rather than spend all my money on firearms, i choose to invest in my family. this includes boating and outings with the 5th wheel trailer. as far as firearms, i own 2 AR's (one for each son), 1 STG58, 1 mossberg 590, glock 27 and .45 kimber custom classic.

fatty, that sux. as i typed before, if we treat people the way we want to be treated, the world would be a better place to live.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 7:43:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I love my FFL! (that should be a bumber sticker)  All transfers are free of charge!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top