Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2006 5:12:25 PM EDT
recieved my m1 carbine today! i bought it from a lady in TN. she said her dad just passed just  passed away and this was his m1 that he brought back from korea.stock is a little beat up but looks original. it has a stencil on the but stock with some korean markings on it.it also has a couple of very small metal stakes ,like tiny flat head nails in the stock near the trigger group. all in all parkerizing is excellent.reciever is marked with a u and barrel is ibm. paid $550.00 for it. lady is sending me pictures of her dads out fit and his bronze star with a little history of what campains he was in. made  is this gun light compared to my garand. i'll try to get some pics.tomorrow i'll strip it and let you guys know if everything else matches up. just thought i'd share this with you.i'm like a  proud new papa so excuse my rambling on.......
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:26:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Good work!

Tag for pics and range report.

Post the history too!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:37:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:42:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:49:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Everyone loves a war baby!
You'll love how it shoots!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:52:37 PM EDT
[#5]
sweet!!

I always thought that the Korean ones were M3 (full auto).  But now that I'm thinking about it, they rebuilt all the semi's for Korea that somebody must've carried a Semi.  I guess I don't really know much about that era.

But, carbines are very cool and I'm sure you'll have loads of fun!!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:29:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:41:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Congrats, sounds great let us see some pics
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top