Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2006 1:42:56 PM EDT
I got my most recent order in.

1. Yugo M48.  Paid for handpick.  Got a M48A!  Excellent condition, very impressed.  My last one was in exemplary condition and this one is too.  Recommended!  Only rifle I've seen that comes with more cosmolene than the CMP uses.  Will need new jug of mineral spirits.

2. Enfield 2a.  Paid for handpick.  Got a 2a1!  This one is in good condition but is not even close to the condition of the last one I ordered.  I'm disappointed.  Frankly I ordered another one because of the awesome one they sent me last time and I was hoping to strike gold twice.  Won't be ordering this one again.

3.  K31.  Paid for handpick and walnut stock.  I really wanted a nice stock and hoped the handpick would do it.  It didn't.  In all fairness, the one they sent me has very nice metal, better than most IMO.  But I wanted a clean stock.   Don't think I'll order sight unseen again because I'm wanting one with an excellent stock.  

Just thought I'd give y'all a rundown on what AIM is shipping these days!

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:53:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Got my handpick walnut K31 in earlier this week.  I guess by handpick, they meant "beautiful stock with tiger striping", because that's what I got.  I'm very pleased!
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 2:00:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Got my handpick walnut K31 in earlier this week.  I guess by handpick, they meant "beautiful stock with tiger striping", because that's what I got.  I'm very pleased!

Did you request a nice stock or just a generic handpick?

Oh, and wanna trade?

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:49:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Regular old handpick.  This is my third AIM K31, so I guess luck caught up with me.  Have been very satisfied with AIM.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:55:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got a walnut K31 from Classic. Overall it's pretty nice, about 90% blueing, stock is better than most but still has lots of dings. Tiger-striped from Aim, huh? Might have to order one from them.

So the M48's they have now are not the "shooter grades"? Are they Mitchell Mauser quality good or less?
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 5:45:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So the M48's they have now are not the "shooter grades"? Are they Mitchell Mauser quality good or less?

My dad purchased a Mitchell a year ago.  He got a m48a in unissued (apparently) condition.  I bet he paid $400 or so.

I paid $120 ish.  I got a m48a in excellent condition.  I wouldn't say it's unissued but it's about as close as you'll come to that.  The stock still has lots of cosmo on it but it looks comparable.  If I had to % it, I'd give the Mitchell's a 100 and the AIM a 95.  

I don't know if I just got lucky twice or not, but I'm very impressed with them!
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 5:46:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Got M48s, K31s, 24/27s, 59/66s, Mk1 No.3s, Mk4 No.1s, LE 2A and 2A1s, 7.62 Nagants, CZ 52s, 91/30s, M38s, and M44s from AIM.  Some hand picked, some not.  The hand picked were all very nice examples and well worth the extra fee, the ones that were not, were very close in condition to the hand picked. Never, ever have they dissappointed, and good people to deal with.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 11:06:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Ugly stock on the K31?   REFINISH IT!   I bet it would clean up and look very nice!  
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 12:16:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Just got my first C&R guns from AIM (Not counting the M1s from CMP) today!

Keeping in mind I've only looked at them a few minutes, kinda hurried here...

The M48 was nice (how do you tell if its a A model?). Very little cosmo, but you could feel it in the stock, and the stock felt "unsanded", if you know what I mean. Otherwise, looks really good, bore had some specks in it, but haven't run a brush down it or anything yet, so it may be perfect. someone scratched "simke" on the left side next to reciever, with the S looking like a lightining bolt S, serial number penciled on the stock above the stamped in serial number on the stock.

The .308 Enfield....well, this is probably the most cosmo'd gun I've see so far in my short C&R career, and I can see why someone in another thread mentioned the paint looks spooned on...I though I was looking at caked up cosmo, but a few wipes with a rag showed it was paint! Bore looks decent, but again, its a matter of getting the cosmo off.
Again, how do you tell which variant you have?

Neither rifle was a handpick. Both look like winners. I bought ammo for both, plus some .223 (they actually had it in stock!).

John
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 12:17:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My dad purchased a Mitchell a year ago.  He got a m48a in unissued (apparently) condition.  I bet he paid $400 or so.

I paid $120 ish.  I got a m48a in excellent condition.  I wouldn't say it's unissued but it's about as close as you'll come to that.  The stock still has lots of cosmo on it but it looks comparable.  If I had to % it, I'd give the Mitchell's a 100 and the AIM a 95.  

I don't know if I just got lucky twice or not, but I'm very impressed with them!

I bought an unissued M48BO a couple of years ago for $200, including accessories (though the bayonet didn't have the matching serial number).  I don't know where my local gunstore got it from.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top