Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2003 5:17:38 AM EDT
turned my 10/22 into a baby sniper last night.  
heres what i did:
houge overmold stock
harris LM bipod
simmons 8-point 2.5-10 x 40
ironwood desgins dual action lever

some of the things i have already done...

reduced power springs (all of them except the extractor)
hornet products 2# hammer,sear, disconnector
SS rounded trigger plunger
SS trigger
bolt buffer
auto bolt release
VQ exact edge extractor
10/22 magnum bolt handle
ranch products weaver scope base

i think that all im gonna do now is get a VQ target trigger w/ overtravel screw and ill be done with it.  then i start an all SS 10/22...

im really happy with the way it looks.  we'll see how it performs this weekend.  i highly recomend the DA lever, very clever design, i had a hard time getting to the bolt release with my fat fingers before but now i just pull back on the lever and viola'!  push forward to release the mag.  its pretty damn cool.
i would suggest that you trim the length down w/a dremel, its a little long.  ill get to trimming mine sooner or later.  

i have to get soem medium hieght rings for the scope, as soon as i do ill post pics.

next ill replace my BC bull brrl with a GM.  although i dont think mine is that bad really.
i just want a blue fluted barrel.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 8:11:47 PM EDT
[#1]
PICS!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 8:31:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
PICS!!!

What he said!
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 4:37:39 PM EDT
[#3]
description isnt any good without pics!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 4:41:55 AM EDT
[#4]
alright alright.

i dont have a dig cam and im at the begining of the roll... im wasting a lot of pics, like on the kids and the dog...
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 10:45:33 AM EDT
[#5]
a little bit of a delay due to isabel but here it is...

Link Posted: 9/22/2003 3:53:30 AM EDT
[#6]
took it out to the range yesterday.
it performed very well, the houge makes it much lighter and easier to handle and i liked the bipod better than lugging a bunch of sand bags.

if you dont have a IWD DA lever, get one.  you'll love it!

after i got the scope zeroed, i was filling the one inch square one the sight in target without trying at 50yds. i didnt try to do any "real" tight shooting, i was too busy hittting scattered clay targets somebody had left.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top