Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2010 9:08:00 PM EDT
I have 2 dsa fals, had to sell my m1a's, but an now in a semi freer state. help with proceedure. when people say clockwise is the from looking from the front or from the back. alwas wanted a fal but am a hopeless noob. any help on how to set the port is welcome. i only shoot 150 gn ae and 168 gn black hills match ( in my remmy 700 pss)
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:10:00 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I have 2 dsa fals, had to sell my m1a's, but an now in a semi freer state. help with proceedure. when people say clockwise is the from looking from the front or from the back. alwas wanted a fal but am a hopeless noob. any help on how to set the port is welcome. i only shoot 150 gn ae and 168 gn black hills match ( in my remmy 700 pss)

If I am reading it right, you are asking for the procedure for setting the gas regulator. If you will notice, as you rotate the regulator, there is a hole under the regulator that is either more exposed or more covered. Rotate the regulator until the hole is covered. Lock a magazine into the rifle, load a round and fire. If the bolt locks to the rear, uncover a small portion of the hole by rotating the regulator two clicks. Fire another round. If the bolt locks top the rear, continue to rotate the regulator two clicks and firing. When the bolt jams the spent case into the chamber, rotate the regulator in the opposite direction by two clicks. Hold the rifle vertically with one hand and while applying downward pressure on the cocking handle, strike the rifle butt against the ground to eject the stuck case. Load one more round and fire. If the bolt locks the the rear, your gas is set.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top