Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2005 2:05:41 AM EDT
anyone know anything about the garand kits from northridgeinc?  also a good supplier of recievers?  dont know too much about garands, are they a tough build?
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 3:15:06 AM EDT
[#1]
They can be somewhat of a pain, just be prepared to have patience. CAI (Century Arms) manufactures receivers, but I'm not sure who, if anyone, else does. Unfortunately I can't really offer any insight about the kit, as I'm not familiar with Northridge at all. The main thing you'll want to keep in mind when building is that the barrel is going to need to be pretty damn near perfectly tightened into the receiver or you're going to end up with a canted front sight. These days, it's really just cheaper to pick up a surplus Garand from the CMP and clean it up.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:54:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
They can be somewhat of a pain, just be prepared to have patience. CAI (Century Arms) manufactures receivers, but I'm not sure who, if anyone, else does. Unfortunately I can't really offer any insight about the kit, as I'm not familiar with Northridge at all. The main thing you'll want to keep in mind when building is that the barrel is going to need to be pretty damn near perfectly tightened into the receiver or you're going to end up with a canted front sight. These days, it's really just cheaper to pick up a surplus Garand from the CMP and clean it up.

Exactly what he said. CMP. REAL Forged steel reciever. USGI 100% or equvilent. WarDawg
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:58:04 AM EDT
[#3]
ill do just that then, thanks guys
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:18:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top