Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2007 6:01:24 PM EDT
okay just got my first garand a few weeks ago and i had a chance to shoot is last weekend. well first to the gun, its a late 44 SA that is not even close to matching. the person i got it from got it in the 70's from the cmp ( the .gov version ) and it has not been shot really since the late 80's. the barrel is a 46 SA, the receiver has the SN 29027xx ( read online its a late 44 ), and the trigger group is a complete HRA. the stock has no marks except the proof mark which does not have the serifs.

well its not very accurate, it shoots like 6 to 8 inches at 100 yards. ( before you say its me both my 03a3 and my carbine do 2 inches with me shooting both ). i dont want it for a collector value to me its a shooter. my carbine is a 43 and the 03a3 is a 44, so i am happy with the garand being a 44, so no suggestions of selling it. what does it take to change the barrel and where is the best place to get one ?

also i did peen the barrel so the front sight is solid, so is the rear.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:47:31 PM EDT
[#1]
send it to either Springfield Armory Inc, or if you have the money, to Dean's Gun Restorations.  Both shops do great work and will make a tack driver out of your rifle.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:01:56 PM EDT
[#2]
champions choice will also rebarrel you rifle,

el linko
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top