Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 11:28:28 AM EDT
wut is the top few cans for both of these host?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:40:39 AM EDT
[#1]
There are several very good suppressors for those hosts.  But before we get to that, let's talk about your host weapons.

You will need a piston device on the pistol application.  You know what the piston does, right?  On the SBR, I assume you will be dealing with a fixed barrel platform.  So, you could use either a thread-mount suppressor if it has a fixed barrel device or a 3-lug mount.  The benefits of the three-lug mount include easier (and faster) installation and removal from the barrel plus no worrying about the suppressor working loose as can happen with a thread-mount solution.  You must decide what type of mounting solution you want on this host before shopping for a suppressor.

When thinking of a 3-lug solution the one that comes to mind immediately is the SWR Trident.  Their 3-lug is reliable.  Some other 3-lug designs get very gummed up in short order and can be difficult to remove from the barrel.  No so with the Trident 3-lug.  The Trident LCD and fixed barrel spacer are also top notch.

The AAC TiRant does not have a 3-lug available but the fixed barrel spacer is great.  The piston system works very well on the pistol.

The AAC Evo-9 has a 3-lug solution available, but in my personal experience is very sensitive to dirt and debris.  

The SilencerCo Osprey is a wonderful performer on pistols and carbines.  It does not have a 3-lug mount.  Some people like the looks of a tubular design on a carbine.

There are other good suppressors out there in addition to these.  But these are the ones that top my list.

Mark
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:40:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I chose a Gemtech Multimount.  I hope someday to actually take possession of it and shoot it.  It's "only" been three months since the Form 4 was mailed, but it seems like at least two years now.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:26:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I chose a Gemtech Multimount.  I hope someday to actually take possession of it and shoot it.  It's "only" been three months since the Form 4 was mailed, but it seems like at least two years now.

I am on the same boat.  Mine was in the week of June 1 and just went pending.  After research the multimount was the best combo of cost, function, and multi-gun approach.  The adapters are $125-150
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:06:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I just took my Gemtech Multimount out for the first time on Saturday.

Initial reaction:

I seriously couldn't stop grinning at how quiet that can was!  My wife immediately let me know that we should silence all of the guns as she thought it was "glorious".

Definitely take a look at the MM.  The myriad of mounting options really sold me.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:36:40 PM EDT
[#5]
i dont know anything about a piston device that was spokin of above????

i have heard of the nielson device but once again no nuthin about it?

my understanding is it makes the semi auto pistol work with a suppressor on it.
so should i get one built in to the suppressor? or do you buy them seperate since it will be used on a pistol an rifle?

why doesnt a .22 paclite and can have to have this ??
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:43:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Yah, another big plus one for the Multimount.  It is VERY quiet with subsonic rounds.  Mine lives on a P228 and I love that combo; runs like a champ.  The mounting options are pretty all-encompassing.  I love mine and would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone who's in your boat.

cheers, Benji
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:53:35 PM EDT
[#7]
so does the multi mount have the nielson device built in?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:42:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
so does the multi mount have the nielson device built in?

It can.  Gemtech calls their Nielsen device a LID, and it is available with pistons of different threads. There are also other non-LID mounts for other applications.  You can see them here:  http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/MULTIMOUNT-2p94.htm
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:54:31 PM EDT
[#9]
ok so i would get a lid mount for my g19, a 1/2x36 mount for the ar, an then i would have to get a mount for the model 92. correct?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:32:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

ok so i would get a lid mount for my g19, a 1/2x36 mount for the ar, an then i would have to get a mount for the model 92. correct?

Sort of...

You would get one LID mount for the G19 and that LID will have a piston that is threaded on the end.  Pick the thread pattern you need for your G19.  If the thread pattern is the same as your 92, then you can use the same LID assembly.

If thread mounting on the SBR then yes, get the .5x36 fixed barrel mount.

Mark

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:48:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Would you really want a Nielson-type device on a 92?  I thought that type of action didn't need one???  Would it maybe be similar to running a Nielson decice on a rifle, where you'd get the slide-hammer effect; which is bad?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:07:26 PM EDT
[#12]
SWR Trident.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:03:15 PM EDT
[#13]
i read somewhere on line that the 92 doesnt need the nielson. any more input ?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:15:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Would you really want a Nielson-type device on a 92?  I thought that type of action didn't need one???  Would it maybe be similar to running a Nielson decice on a rifle, where you'd get the slide-hammer effect; which is bad?

Some 92s will work fine without a piston system.  Some won't.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:53:42 AM EDT
[#15]
If you were to go with the multimount, which I can say is great because I love mine, and have questions about it just call and ask gemtech they are really helpfull and informative.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:37:43 AM EDT
[#16]
thanks for the replies guys. any more info is greatly appreciated....
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:53:30 PM EDT
[#17]
+1 for the Gemtech MM

teamroper
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:02:22 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a Gemtech multimount pending since July 14th and I agonized a bit over what mounts I was going to need. I spoke with Gemtech and also with tornado tech. I went with a 1/2 X 36 for my SBR AR and a 1/2 X 28 for my Beretta 92. The consensus seemed to be that the 92 would not require a LID. I could have gotten tornado tech to thread the Beretta in 1/2 X 36 and considered going that way in that then I could just screw it off the AR and on to the 92 but decided against it for some reason that I don't recall.

I would love to tell you how it sounds but the ATF has other ideas

Edit: After checking out Gemtech's page I remember why I din't get it threaded in 1/2 X 36 is that the lid is not available in that and I figured my luck I would need it and not be able to put it on.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:08:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
wut is the top few cans for both of these host?

Multimount. With subsonic ammo, the G27 its attached to sounds like a nail gun, and the AR15 is about the same.  It's a hoot to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:22:57 PM EDT
[#20]
yeah i would have definately done the same thing just in case. so would yall get rid of 556 to buy 9mm ar? any other input
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:04:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Guess it depends on your use.  I went through the same thought process and just got a 9mm upper, BCG and mag block adapter.  That way I can use the same lower for 9mm or 223. I like having both because they fill different roles.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:56:39 AM EDT
[#22]
I use a Trident for my 9mm AR and Glock 19.

I have heard good things about the Multimount and Evo, but I couldn't be happier with my choice.  I really like the 3lug attachment, since I don't have to constantly check to make sure it is tight after every mag.  Whichever one you choose, get yourself an oven mitt.  Things heat up real fast once the fun starts.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:53:40 PM EDT
[#23]
ok so i will prolly get the multi mount. now the question is should i sale 5.56 or keep it an save fo while an buy 9mm
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
ok so i will prolly get the multi mount. now the question is should i sale 5.56 or keep it an save fo while an buy 9mm

No you shouldn't get rid of your only 5.56 gun, save up for your new toy.  Your grammar is obnoxious.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:57:23 PM EDT
[#25]
because i said prolly an fo? i didnt realize this was english class.

p.s. if you dont like my grammar dont read it or reply to.

thanks to all of you that have replied an helped includin smart ass english professor. any more input on DIS subject?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top