Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2010 9:42:12 AM EDT
What reason are people putting on their form 4 for a suppressor?  I have always put collector of firearms for SBR but I didn't know it that is also ok for a suppressor.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:53:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine says "Any and all legal uses"
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:23:16 AM EDT
[#2]
"All Lawful purposes"
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:27:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Because I went the Trust route, I put "Asset to the Trust"

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:21:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
"All Lawful purposes"

Same here.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:49:48 AM EDT
[#5]
For suppressors I put "hearing protection".  For weapons I put "recreational shooting, training, and defense".  (I may change that to S&W's new tagline "safety, security, protection, and sport".)

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:09:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not sure if it was on a SBR or suppressor, but I saw one that said, "Zombies."

Could have been shopped, but it was approved.

ETA: Found a copy. It was for an SBR so never mind.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:15:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks everyone for the fast response, the forms went out today and now the wait begins.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:22:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I always put " for investment and enhancement of personal collection" I don't think they even worry about what it says there, or what you write check or money order out to.  They seem to approve them all (with in reason, and cash anything!)
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:06:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Better double check in NC the ONLY reason you can put is for research and development pursuant to NC general statute blah blah blah
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:24:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I know there is no reason to worry, but i had a dealer fill out that blank for me.  
they put "collection"

I was kind of upset for a while.  I mean, i WILL hunt deer with my SBS if i get it in time for this fall.
Can you see the game warden asking about my evil shotgun?
"Son...says here you got this for your collection.  you cant use it for hunting..."

i know, lame, but i wanted it to say "any lawful purpose" like i always put.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:34:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

"All Lawful purposes"

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:53:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
"All Lawful purposes"

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:03:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I write for "Personal Collection".
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:59:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I know there is no reason to worry, but i had a dealer fill out that blank for me.  
they put "collection"

I was kind of upset for a while.  I mean, i WILL hunt deer with my SBS if i get it in time for this fall.
"Son...says here you got this for your collection.  you cant use it for hunting..."

If it is legal for hunting, the purpose stated on the form is not a reason to deny the right to use it. You are NOT limited to what you put on the form. I HAVE read a thread here where a poster said his "All Lawful Purposes" reason was kicked back because it wasn't detailed enough. They wanted him to spell out the lawful purposes he intended.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:40:53 AM EDT
[#15]
"investment and collecting" even if a silencer isnt considered a good monetary investment its not illegal to invest in other things that can loose value. So no one can argue with that explination and collecting is pretty self explanitory.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:42:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
they put "collection"

If it is legal for hunting, the purpose stated on the form is not a reason to deny the right to use it. You are NOT limited to what you put on the form. I HAVE read a thread here where a poster said his "All Lawful Purposes" reason was kicked back because it wasn't detailed enough. They wanted him to spell out the lawful purposes he intended.

Missed that one.  I put it on both of mine and they both processed without kickback or delay.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:04:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
they put "collection"

Missed that one.  I put it on both of mine and they both processed without kickback or delay.

He was probably from NC, which has a state law that provides that "weapons of mass destruction" (i.e. NFA) are prohibited in NC unless used for research purposes.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:09:06 AM EDT
[#18]
I put "to add to my collection" but I've read on here several times that people put "chicks dig it".  don't think it really matters
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top