Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2004 8:54:58 PM EDT
I am currently building a new duty shotgun. The Truglo fiber optic sights look like the might be the ticket. They are inexpensive and easy to pick up fast for these getting older eyes. Anyone had any experience with them? Will they hold up??
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:30:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:05:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I have used Firesights on my 870s and a 700 ML for a few years now, and they've been great... While some of those fiber optic sights DO indeed have plastic bodies, the ones I use are made of metal, and have indeed stayed put - and are flat out fantastic for hunting.. After 4 or 5 years of hunting, the fibers are usually beat, but are easily replaced... Cabelas sells the ones I use - they're part# HE-22-75, for $21.99 - hope this helps...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:39:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:34:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I used one for a while that was a simple replacement for the bead that had a piece of plastic about 3/8" long that worked surprisingly well.  I didn't abuse it and I replaced it earlier this year with tritium ghost ring sights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top