Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2014 8:42:58 PM EDT
Here's the issue. I have the neighbor from hell. Thought he was gone for good(been about 2 years) but evidently he's out on good behavior/early release. Very violent person with lengthy  documented past. I enjoy walking in the neighborhood with my dogs and would like some input on wearable camcorder that is discreet but with hd video due to the fact I know it wont be long before he's back to his routine. The gopro would be fine but they appear kind of large that could possibly be very  noticed and don't appear to be wearable friendly unlike some of the ones that officers wear. Any info would be greatly appreciated on models and setups as this just became part of the edc items.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 8:38:56 PM EDT
[#2]
smartphone running a car dashboard video app, or just recording video manually.  Carry it on your belt, with the camera pointing out...highly discrete and does not look out of place in today's world.

Even if he is out of focus of the video you will have audio to back you up.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 4:45:17 AM EDT
[#3]
http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Smallest-Spy-Camera-MD80-USB-Mini-DV-Pocket-Camcorder-Sports-DVR-Video-Cam-/161360299752?pt=Camcorders_Professional_Video_Cameras&hash=item2591d2c6e8

For the price it'll work till you figure out something else.  The only pain in the ass is setting the time/date via your computer and usb but theres tutorials out there.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 10:56:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Several sunglasses with built-in HD video cams that are extremely discrete, and under $100.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 11:22:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Google Glass.  Won't even need Subnet's help to stream it...
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 11:56:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone, ended up  going with a gopro hero3+ silver. Didn't realize that without the case its actually quite small(looks like what should come in a happy meal).Got it in a small discreet phone case on my belt so it just appears like anyone wearing a cell phone. Hit the record when leaving and off we go, I have all the display lights turned off so it wouldn't draw attention. Audio is quite well also, And with such a wide frame view and hd all actions are detailed and very easily to make out with in I'd say 50ft.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top