Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/4/2005 2:24:08 PM EDT
I have a Bechmade Emerson Spec War model 0007. Blade is also marked ATS-34.

Buddy just told me this is sorta rare, perhaps collectible. I know nothing about knives. Is this thing valuable or common production. It is new in the box.

Thanks for the help

Bubba
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:44:32 PM EDT
The Benchmade CQC7 isn't rare or in it's common forms, collectable. It is a good working knife though.

Be aware that Benchmade refuses to service these models any more as they are not in current production. Emerson Knives Inc didn't make it or ever stock the Benchmade parts needed to repair them. The knife was designed by Ernest, but they changed it enough to Benchmade-ize it.

A word of warning. One of the Benchmade changes is that the body screws are NOT threaded through the Ti liners. The body screws are threaded into the backspacer.

Any attempt to disassemble the Benchmade will void the warranty (which they don't honor anyway) and there is a very real chance you will strip the holes in the backspacer, ruining an otherwise workable knife.

The rarer versions of the Benchmade CQC7 are models like the lefty models and the Titanium bladed version. The Auto is fairly rare as well.

Hope that helps
Page Armory » Blades
Top Top