Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2008 12:33:28 PM EDT
i ve seen one picture in the forum that i know about but i was curious to know if anyone else has had problems with duracoat painted barrels turning dark after rapid fire. im getting ready to refinish my ar and im tring to decide which parts to paint. thank you, pictures would be helpful.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 1:01:12 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have a full auto, it will definetely turn black.  If not, then you really have to heat one up before it will turn it black.  I bump fired 3 mags through my AR once and the only thing I noticed was the first inch or two of the gas tube turned dark.

If you are really worried about it, you can use duraheat.  It will take temps up to 1800F.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:27:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Any suggestions for a barrel finish that won't trap in heat?  I've used Dura Heat, and it seems to do that.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top