Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2005 1:50:34 PM EDT
i may have a feeding problem with my fal.

what im looking for is a picture of a magazine inserted into the rifle with the cover removed and the bolt locked back.  more importantly i need the two little indents in the receiver where the bullts are fed through from the magazine to the bolt.

sorry if i got some of the tems wrong, but they dont seem to be even on my rifle and it is much more noticable with a magazine inserted.

edit -  i took a picture of those two indents im talking about.  see picture bottom of page 1
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:54:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hows this?

members.cox.net/nato762/feed.JPG

oh its so close,  if you can get a shot of it straight down.  i just need to see from breach to bolt(lockedback) with a magazine inserted.  that would be awesome if someone could do that.

thanks a lot Planedoc
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:01:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hows this?

members.cox.net/nato762/feed.JPG

oh its so close,  if you can get a shot of it straight down.  i just need to see what the magazine looks like when its inserted in the gun.  thanks a lot.

So you want a top view?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:07:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:50:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
How's this one?

members.cox.net/nato762/feed.jpg

oh thats exactly what i was looking for, ive got a DSA and it looks a bit different.  any dsa owners willing to take the same picture as Planedoc.  thanks alot again, really appreciate it
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:24:19 PM EDT
[#6]

i figured out how to post pics.  here is the picture of my DSA, is that area i marked with the red normal for a dsa?  it doesnt look normal, escpecially since they are slightly uneven.  also as you can see it does not look like Planedocs, he has an indent in the rear but it just tapers to the front.  Planedocs seems like it would work better.  

i did buy this gun used and wonder if that section has been modified?  any DSA owners can post a pic or let me know if it looks similar to mine?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:45:10 PM EDT
[#7]
btt, need help. no response from dsa.

anyone with a dsa can you help me out.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:31:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
btt, need help. no response from dsa.

anyone with a dsa can you help me out.

The bolt guide rails ( flats ) are not the correct geometry as shown above. It appears that the middle portion has been cleared away.  

It almost looks like a reject that has been patched up.

Recap ** It can be fixed by reducing/removing the round radius ( your red line - forward )

If it is under warrenty, return it for a defective receiver.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:03:59 PM EDT
[#9]
can anyone with a dsa take a picture of their rifle for me?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:32:40 AM EDT
[#10]
If DSArms delivers mine next week- "the barrels are here, only two more weeks" and if  I buy myself a digital camera for Christmas (it's in the bag), I will figure out how to upload one to my photo server and try to help you out. Have a little patience.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:43:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Do a search over at FALfiles. You should be able to find a picture.
Also do a search for rich@cgw. That way you will know that you can pay attention to what CGWco is saying.
Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:57:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
can anyone with a dsa take a picture of their rifle for me?

Planedoc has a pic just 2 post above your last pic with the red arrow.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:13:02 AM EDT
[#13]
My receicer is a Coonan. I've not had any feed trouble with it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:54:06 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If DSArms delivers mine next week- "the barrels are here, only two more weeks" and if  I buy myself a digital camera for Christmas (it's in the bag), I will figure out how to upload one to my photo server and try to help you out. Have a little patience.

sweet, thanks. i hope you get it too.  which one did you get?  whatever model it is youll love it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:08:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
My receicer is a Coonan. I've not had any feed trouble with it.

thanks for all your help. really appreciate your effort.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top