Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2002 6:10:47 PM EDT
Were am I most likely to find a drum magazine for my AR and what is the average cost for such a item
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:46:08 PM EDT
[#1]
The eqipment exchange on this board of course has the best prices.

The best drum is the 100rd beta-c which goes for about 500.

Next is the MWG 90rd which is kind of awkward because it is a "snail drum" and hangs to one side. goes for about 150.

The metal ones go for around 200 and I have heard mixed things about them.

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 9:56:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't speak from experienced about any other, but I have had an MWG.  It can be very difficult to load without the guide and pusher.  Even with those, it is still a pain in the drain.  It is bulky awkward, throws the center of gravity off to the left.  But you can kinda support it in the crook of your left arm.  I traded it off years ago for a big pile of USGI 30's.  

All that being said, it WILL feed every round reliably, all 90 of them.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 10:20:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Haven't heard too many positive things about them. I guess you have to lube them with some kind of graphite stuff. Nope, just give me some USGI 30 's.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 10:42:37 PM EDT
[#4]
The MWG 90rd is the poor man's 100rd beta-c mag.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top