Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 5/10/2003 7:10:29 PM EDT
Sometime along the line I would like to get a .50bmg rifle and have been looking at the Ferret50 for awile now but have seen people here talking about other .50 ar uppers like the Mag50 and Watson's 50bmg upper. I'm courious as to what the differences or advantages they have over each other, particularly the Mag50 because of the price. Are there any other .50bmg uppers out there also?
http://www.mmag.biz/
http://www.watsonsweapons.com/
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:48:01 PM EDT
[#1]
The only other one is the Advanced Long Range Systems (ALRS) upper. Out of those four, 3 are available right now. The MMAG (Mag50) is still in production with a release date TBA.

Out of the three, Ferret, ALRS and Watson's I would narrow it down to the Ferret or ALRS. The Watson's design is to slow, you have to shotgun the upper, unscrew the bolt, load round onto bolt, screw it back in and then re-assemble the upper. The Ferret and ALRS are true bolt action type and faster to load or unload.

From what I've seen and heard, both the Ferret50 and the ALRS are good shooters. They will hold MOA or better with quality ammo and the shooter doing his part.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:42:52 AM EDT
[#2]
The only other one is the Advanced Long Range Systems (ALRS) upper.

Does Advanced Long Range Systems have a web site?
thanks,
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:14:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Here ya go.
http://www.50bmgar15conversion.com/
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:18:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Well the Watson's upper is cool because in between loading shots you can eat a sandwich and talk to your friends!Hehehe ,now thats good o'l shootin!
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:14:15 AM EDT
[#5]
realwar - how's that upper doin' for ya'?

My ferret50 will be here this week - can't wait to run a few rounds thru her!

...sometimes if you snooze you get a pretty good deal elsewhere! (sorry 'bout that - just had to gig you back a bit)
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 3:50:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Colt45man-The upper is pretty nice for what I paid for it.It was definitely a good deal.The way the bolt is set-up with the crank handle isn't too bad.Its well made and rock solid.I'm planning on taking it to the range this weekend to stretch its legs.Can't wait but I hope is doesn't rain again?I'll let you know how it worked out when I get back from the range.Let us know how your Ferret works out too.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 7:05:36 PM EDT
[#7]
what type of reciever are you running your ferret on? i have some aluminium, steel, and some type of hybrid glass-steel.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:21:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Realwar,
Is there a way to hook up a cordless drill to the crank? Seems like this might help speed up the process.

Gonna come out to Angeles?
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:36:01 PM EDT
[#9]
50_Shooter your bad!hahaha,thats a good one!I guess I could maybe dress up a camoflage Makita cordless drill or somethin??Is the Angeles meet this Sun or SAT?If its on Sunday I could make it but on Saturday theres a WWII Airshow at Chino Airport that I'm goin too.Lets me know!P.S will there be .50 ammo for sale at the range or by someone out there thats not ridiculously priced???
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:33:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey thanks man, that ALRS upper look pretty nice and its a little cheeper then the ferret too.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top