Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/20/2006 1:35:00 PM EDT
I have a new Imbel/DSA FAL, it is really spiffy. The trigger is pretty good, not too heavy and very crisp but there is some bad creep in the beginning of the pull. How can I remove this? I have no clue on how to get access to the trigger group, I wanted to just drop some clp or gun oil down in there to see if that helps
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:52:34 PM EDT
Not much you can do about the creep and long pull. That is one of the complaints of the FALs.
Some trigger sets are better or worse than others. I installed a FSE set up in one FAL and it is great but I have used other brands and they were usable but nothing to rave about. Others have had great luck with other brands so it comes down to the individual sets I think as production, heat treating and the lower itself can affect them.
To access the trigger group you can just seperate the upper and lower halves and dribble some lube onto the trigger parts and pins or you can take them out if you want. The sear and spring are kinda tricky to get back in if you do remove (so I wouldn't do it unless you really want to) them so watch out.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:58:47 PM EDT
check on falfiles.com there is a guy that does good trigger work for around $30.00 but I can't remember his name.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:33:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/21/2006 1:33:25 AM EDT by christ0ph]
how do I seperate the upper and lower?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:59:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By christ0ph:

Christ0ph,

In order to split the upper and lower you would need to unscrew the two halves of the pivot. One side has a slot that you can easily use a nickel or driver to unscrew. just hold the opposite side with thumb pressure.

It sounds like you might consider your time well spent if you were to crack a manual on your new rifle.

HTH

Blitz
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:19:41 AM EDT
no manual, it was bought on consignment
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:08:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By christ0ph:

Don't mess with that trigger!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:14:42 PM EDT
About the warning not to mess with the trigger...

I was thinking about installing the Falcon Arms "trigger pull reduction kit" in my FAL
because the trigger pull is about 10+ lbs.

I've never had an FAL trigger apart yet, is there something I should watch
out for, or a reason not to do it myself?

Of course, you must make sure it all goes back together correctly. I planned on
getting a manual of some kind.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Flyer
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:44:26 PM EDT
Oh yeah....

The guy over at the FALFiles who does the triggers is Moses.

I was reccomended to him as well and may consider sending it off to him if he still does
that kind of work.

See ya,

Flyer
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:43:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By EMSflyer:
About the warning not to mess with the trigger...

I was thinking about installing the Falcon Arms "trigger pull reduction kit" in my FAL
because the trigger pull is about 10+ lbs.

I've never had an FAL trigger apart yet, is there something I should watch
out for, or a reason not to do it myself?

Of course, you must make sure it all goes back together correctly. I planned on
getting a manual of some kind.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Flyer

My admonishment goes for anyone who doesn't have a baic understanding of how their rifle works...much less how to shotgun the action open. There is just too much potential for removing too much engagement, messing up the safety etc. etc.

That being said i doubt if you have an actual 10 lb pull measured but you'd probabably be amazed what a good cleaning followed by a light application of moly lube on the sear engagement surface will do. If you still think it is too heavy you can replace the trigger return spring with a sear spring. My fals are all about 5 lbs with clean breaks. It ain't no target rifle it is an instrument of war!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:39:20 PM EDT
Thanks for the suggestion regarding the cleaning and moly lube! I'll try that prior to anything
more invasive.

This is my 3rd FAL and It's got the worst trigger of a three. It may very well be a 10lb pull, I kid you not. However, everything else on this rifle is perfect. It's an Imbel on Imbel build with DSA
compliance parts and she runs 100% percent on everything I've fed her so far.

Happy FAL shooting,

Flyer
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:39:48 PM EDT
Here's a link to the FAL Files and a thread advertising trigger jobs

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=161785

steve
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:54:39 PM EDT
The post above would be for me, I' m a little better known on the HK forums. Shoot me an email. I can set one up with a 4 to 4.5lbs pull, short crisp clean break.

Thanks,

Bill

wspringfie­ld@adelphia.net
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:30:05 PM EDT
I took every moving piece and polished every engaging surface with JB bore paste to see what would happen. I didn't have any special tools and was bored so I used a drill and Q-tips. I took the plunger that the trigger engages and put that piece into the chuck and spun it in a cloth full of paste. Even doing a half-ass job made a noticable difference. I recommend doing it with better tools.
Top Top