Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 10:21:44 AM EDT
Hi, I have a Spike's AR pistol (5.56) and have been looking into putting a stock on it. I read the sticky about filling out the Form 1. I found out from my local FFL that the chief LEO in my area signs off fairly easily on such stuff so I decided I want to go all out and go full auto, and possibly a silencer.

My question(s) are what order should I go about doing this. Should I take it one step at a time i.e. (getting signed off \ paper work competed for stock, then move on to full auto, slinecer). Or can I do this all in one shot and take all the paperwork at one time to the LEO? I need to do some more reading on what's required for full auto conversion as far as paperwork. I know a Form 4(?) is required correct?

If someone experienced in this can lay out the best/easiest way or order I should do this I'd appreciate it.

Thank You.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:24:22 AM EDT
[#1]
You cannot legally create a machine gun.

You will need to fill out a Form 1 to manufacture an SBR, and will need to fill out a Form 4 to transfer a suppressor. Each will require a tax stamp, and if you do the paperwork as an individual you will need your chief LEO to sign off. If you go the trust or corporation route you do not need a chief LEO signature. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:25:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I hope you have about $13-15K laying around.  Thats about how much it will cost to make it full-auto and to buy a suppressor

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:26:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Hi, I have a Spike's AR pistol (5.56) and have been looking into putting a stock on it. I read the sticky about filling out the Form 1. I found out from my local FFL that the chief LEO in my area signs off fairly easily on such stuff so I decided I want to go all out and go full auto, and possibly a silencer.

My question(s) are what order should I go about doing this. Should I take it one step at a time i.e. (getting signed off \ paper work competed for stock, then move on to full auto, slinecer). Or can I do this all in one shot and take all the paperwork at one time to the LEO? I need to do some more reading on what's required for full auto conversion as far as paperwork. I know a Form 4(?) is required correct?

If someone experienced in this can lay out the best/easiest way or order I should do this I'd appreciate it.

Thank You.

Short of an FFL/SOT, the only way to convert that lower to F/A is to but a conversion device, such as a Auto-Connector or Drop-In-Sear. Suggest you find one of those.

The silencer can be done simultaneously and independently so you might as well work on finding that too.

Expect to pay $10K-$15K when all is done.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:28:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank You.

Short of an FFL/SOT, the only way to convert that lower to F/A is to but a conversion device, such as a Auto-Connector or Drop-In-Sear. Suggest you find one of those.

The silencer can be done simultaneously and independently so you might as well work on finding that too.

Expect to pay $10K-$15K when all is done.

I was going for the simpler answer, that he cannot convert his lower to a full auto lower legally. You are correct he could get an RDIAS.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:29:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You cannot legally create a machine gun.

RIF.

He did not ask how to create a machine gun, he asked how to make his Spikes AR-15 go F/A, and that he legally can do with a conversion part.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:03:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, I did not know this about the full auto. We will scratch that idea.

So basically if I want to do the stock and silencer. I go to a Class 3 dealer and fill out a Class 4. Then I take the Form 1 and Form 4 to the LEO for sign off and then send in the paperwork?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:17:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Yup...you fill out Form 1 for SBR...And Dealer and you do Form 4...you take both, with pictures, fingerprint cards, and citizenship form to CLEO...he signs...insert check and mail to NFA/ATF
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:29:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yup...you fill out Form 1 for SBR...And Dealer and you do Form 4...you take both, with pictures, fingerprint cards, and citizenship form to CLEO...he signs...insert check and mail to NFA/ATF

Not a great idea as the forms need to go to separate locations and by sending them to one location that will just mail them to the other, you are just wasting time.

ETA - I think.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:31:13 AM EDT
[#9]
They are bunches of fun

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:08:36 PM EDT
[#10]
MP15T:  Is that your back yard???  Pretty cool if it is.

MadDog
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:30:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

MadDog

i wanna know too! my wife got orders to macguire afb and so this fall we are moving to PA. we're from mass and about the only way you can shoot at home is if you have a good sized farm and such, so i was wondering what the rules are in PA about where you can and can't shoot. whhich is the long winded version of asking if thats your backyard.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:59:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

MadDog

I wish I could say it is, but it is not.  Its the local range I belong to.

Logans Ferry Sportsmens Club

leonpiper69, if you are moving close to Pittsburgh, PA let me know and we can go out shooting one day.

They used to have a 500yd range, but they closed is and now have a 300 yd range

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:21:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey! Have I seen some of those pics over on the VWVortex.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top