Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/20/2002 5:42:13 PM EDT
does anyone have any additional information about these things, and better pictures?

Link Posted: 4/20/2002 5:51:35 PM EDT
I had one on my M16 for a while, then sold it off to help finance another purchase. Neat little 9mm upper; very handy. The 633 DOE upper were made for a contract for the Dept. of Energy and, I believe a few went to the DEA. Colt stopped making them a couple years ago and sold off the remaining parts. The handguards are simply handguards off an M231 port firing weapon.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 6:26:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/20/2002 6:32:13 PM EDT by big_guy]

Originally Posted By shaggy:
I had one on my M16 for a while, then sold it off to help finance another purchase. Neat little 9mm upper; very handy. The 633 DOE upper were made for a contract for the Dept. of Energy and, I believe a few went to the DEA. Colt stopped making them a couple years ago and sold off the remaining parts. The handguards are simply handguards off an M231 port firing weapon.

do you know where I could find a set of handguards like that, and the front sight assembly? It is one nice looking little upper!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 6:48:44 PM EDT
The handguards aren't easy to come by. Problem is they're a bit on the brittle side, so a lot of 633/DOE upper owners find themselves eventually looking for another set. Try Dennis Todd - its a longshot, but he's the first place I'd check for them (DToddMG@aol.com). I've seen someone replicate the front plate and sight assembly, but I can't remember where I saw it or who did it (I know its someone online, but...). Maybe KKF?
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 5:12:04 AM EDT
does anyone have a picture of that shows the front sight assembly? or maybe a users manual? I am looking for anything that I could show a machinist if I needed to have the front sight assembly replicated.
thanks
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:41:15 AM EDT
Check with Kurt, he was making copies of the DOE upper. They were COOOOOL!
Top Top