Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/29/2006 2:38:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2006 2:38:46 PM EDT by coastie720]
I dont like the OTIS kit it comes with, so im using a rod. Do you guys clean from the muzzle? or do you use a boreguide in the rcvr? what do you use for a bore guide if you do?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:52:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By coastie720:
I dont like the OTIS kit it comes with, so im using a rod. Do you guys clean from the muzzle? or do you use a boreguide in the rcvr? what do you use for a bore guide if you do?

I use the bore guide from AAA Ammo and always clean from the receiver end pushing the patch out the muzzle.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:15:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ar15inmn:

Originally Posted By coastie720:

I use the bore guide from AAA Ammo and always clean from the receiver end pushing the patch out the muzzle.

cool! thanks dude.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:02:44 PM EDT
I got fed up with the Otis kit after hours on top of hours of cleaning and not getting it clean. I bougt a Dewey rod and I dont even bother with a bore guide, just use my hand cupped around the butt end of the gun with the stock removed. It helped some but its still an unbelivable pain in the ass to clean.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:49:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:05:15 PM EDT
I also got the AAA bore guide and a Tip-ton BMG rod from Midway. The rod is almost taller then me over 5'. Then I got the nylon Brushes and brass brushes from Brownells along with Two jags. Only problem I had to make a threaded adapter for the jags which wasn't to hard.

The bore guide is great and makes it easy to clean.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Top Top