Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2002 9:22:52 AM EDT
Can a class 2 manufacture a legal class 3 weapon from a demilled kits (Sten) then register it and be legal? I see these tubes on Ebay for diplay or class 2 use only and wonder if they can still manufacture class 3's.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 9:54:45 AM EDT
A licensed manufacturer (07FFL/SOT) can make a post-sample weapon from a demilled kit, however, only a class III dealer or manufacturer can possess that gun.  They can't make it, register it, and sell or give it to an unlicensed person.  Even for a dealer to get such a post-sample weapon from a manufacturer, he'd have to get a demo letter from a government or military agency requesting a demonstration first.  If you want one, you need to be looking for a "transferable" gun (currently about $2500 for a sten).  Registration of MG's for civilian possession was cut-off in May 1986 which is why they're so damn expensive.  Its a fixed supply of guns with an ever increasing demand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top