Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2004 3:49:09 PM EST
How many out there feel that a chrome lined barrel in a battle rifle is the right way to go? As a hunter I have seen too many Remington 7400's fail to function due to rusted chambers. I have also seen a lot of rusted barrels from people not cleaning there guns properly after using them in the rain. I know non chrome provides better accuracy, but in a battle rifle would you not value reliability, ease of cleaning, the ability to fire mild steel bullets, and rust resistance over gilt edge accuracy? I had a lot of the portugese ammunition that had mild steel bullets it never hurt my SA FAL. Right now I am in the market for another gun and think I am going to insist on a chrome lined barrel and chamber. Jimmyp
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 5:04:03 PM EST
A chromed lined barrel in a battle rifle is the only way to go and the correct way to go. A Rem 700 and an M14, although do the same in the end, are different tools. The difference in accuracy in an AR say for instance between a chromed lined and non chromed lined barrels is almost un-noticable. Shoot an M1A with a GI barrel if you have any doubts about the accuracy potential of a chrome lined barrel.
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 4:59:35 PM EST
As far as accuracy in a chrome lined barrel, ask any Marine about there M16 at the 500 yard line.
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 1:16:46 PM EST
Chrome lined for me, please... Personally, I would not own a battle rifle that didn't have a chrome lined bore and chamber...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 4:46:21 PM EST

Originally Posted By georgestrings:
Chrome lined for me, please... Personally, I would not own a battle rifle that didn't have a chrome lined bore and chamber...

- georgestrings

indeed
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 1:01:51 PM EST

Originally Posted By georgestrings:

- georgestrings

+1 if at all possible what ever I buy I try to go with the Chrome lined barrel .

And from another Marine at 500 with our ate up A2's at 500 I could pull head and chest shots on a good day and on a bad I just wnet for the Black Of course that was before I got civilianized and developed a gut hinking.gif
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 1:04:50 PM EST
+1 for chrome
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:53:53 AM EST
Chrome is a must.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:03:44 PM EST
OK then Chrome it is. Does DSA offer an FAL with a chrome lined barrel? Jimmyp
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:16:26 PM EST
Pageing Troy.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:43:07 PM EST
I like chrome lined barrels because they are so easy to clean.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:18:02 AM EST
Top Top