Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2013 4:48:54 PM EDT
When you are doing a synthetic stock with hard rubberized grip panels, can you coat them or should I mask them off?   Also do I need to stay at a lower temp to keep them from delaminating?  Say 150 instead of the recommended 180.  I can call NIC but wanted to get your experiences if possible.  Thanks.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:55:24 PM EDT
[#1]
This is what makes me think it might hold up if you could get it to adhere (obviously).  
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:29:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I have done them before and they seemed to work just fine.
However, 5 years down the road who knows? If it were to wear, it would probably wear there first.

The single direction flex like the ASTM test isn't the problem on soft substrates. It the back and forth of the flexing that will eventually fatigue the Cerakote, just like bending a coat hanger over and over.

Keep the temp at 150 and you should be fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top