Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/9/2002 8:49:15 PM EDT
anyone ever ordered a sks from either of these two? I was looking at the NRA good or the Very good with good bore.

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/main.html

http://www.ohioordnanceworks.com/
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 9:02:07 PM EDT
I would go with the Yugo from Ohio Ordnance Works, I would pay the extra $$$ and get the one that is in new condition. with the way that the SKS has been a target for ban you should invest the extra money and get one that is in New condition. I have two Russian SKS's that I bought New back in 1994 and let me tell you that I am very happy I did! It has been a very VERY long time since I have seen any sks's in that tpye of condition/quality since. I wonder what mine are worth?

One more note: I think the Yugoslavian SKS's are the ones with the grenade luancher on it as well so thats a plus becuase this sks was very rare before they imported it last year.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 9:36:10 PM EDT
so the ones in very good condition are brand new?
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 10:08:36 PM EDT
nope, they are listed below:
AS NEW - $349.95

Excellent +  - $249.95

Very Good+  - $199.95

NRA GOOD  - $149.95

DARK BORES - $114.95

Maybe I wasnt clear on my last post.....sorry about that.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 11:32:16 AM EDT
I just bought two "very good" SKS 59's from Centerfire. I actually haven't gotten them home due to a waiting period, so I have just looked at them at the FFL's. The bores have not been cleaned, but they don't look very good, even though they were advertised as "bright bores". I don't know how they could tell, as the thing looks like it hasn't been cleaned in a generation. One of the guns has a fair number of circles of rust on the back cover for the action (?correct name for this part?). I am not unhappy enough to not accept them, but needless to say I'm not very impressed either.
Top Top