Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2002 8:10:32 PM EDT
cut and recrown a chrome lined barrel?
i had heard that you cannot because the chrome will chip and cause MAJOR accuracy problems. is this at all true?

i ask because i am tempted by the FN Special police rifle but wouldnt buy one if it couldnt be recrowned in the case that the end was damaged. it would really suck to have to buy a new barrel...
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 9:37:31 PM EDT
[#1]
cut and recrowned ... NO... polished or stoned yes..How much money do you have to spend????? For enough money even the hubble can see str8
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 8:06:45 AM EDT
[#2]
does the same thing as gettin it recrowned right?  cost about the same or WAY more?
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 6:09:24 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're worried about damage, then get a muzzle brake put on, it'll protect the bore and aid in follow up shots.

The chrome will chip, unless polished like Pater said.  I'd steer clear of the FN and move towards the Remington 700 PSS, but that's just my opinion based on 4 PSS's that I've owned.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 6:33:44 PM EDT
[#4]
i have a rem 700 ltr, i was just tossin the idea around, i like that the barrel would almost never wear out

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top