Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/11/2006 6:45:45 PM EDT
ive been into auto loaders all my life. been through them all but the the m1s. i really want a socom or scout but after reading all the bad things i just dont know anymore. im ready to drop some searious bling on a springfield and i would really like some input on the socoms improved gas system. is it better or worse than the standard m1a? should i stick with the standard or? i already have ars and aks and alot of tac bolts. i just really want a m1a type battle rifle. guys im really not into droppin alot of coin on junk. please give me some advice. thanks!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:57:03 PM EDT

Just buy one, and remember that those of us who are happy with our Springfields don't post nearly as often as those with an ax to grind.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:59:49 PM EDT
i know i know. not tryin to open a sore wound. just a A+ from all will do
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:40:45 PM EDT
I don't know if you've read my SOCOM saga or not, but Springfield Armory has always looked out for me--even with the used XD's aftermarket sights. They fixed it up free of charge. Even if you have a problem, I'm sure taht the company will do everything in its power to make things right for you.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:23:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By undergunned34:
i know i know. not tryin to open a sore wound. just a A+ from all will do

Well, they get a big A+ from me. I can't shoot every single gun that comes out of the factory, but mine shoots great. Every person I've ever spoke to has had the same experience. The only place I've ever heard bad things about SAI has been online.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:46:26 AM EDT
Buy the SA. I have three, and I love every one of them. Everyone in my circle of shooter friends are pretty much in awe of my SA's. Sure, you are going to have some lemons once in a while, but nothing like some of these people would like you to think. I shoot several days a week, and I would not waste my hard earned dollars on three of these if they were junk.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:18:37 AM EDT
I have two M1a's. One is a super match and the other is a basic rack rifle. Neither has failed in any way, ever. between 4 and 5 thousand total rounds. I'm satisfied with both of them.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:56:23 AM EDT
a std SA M1A is better than no M1A anyday.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:56:24 AM EDT
"im ready to drop some searious bling on a springfield "

You're gonna have to translate that for me.

I have 2 Springfields and have never had a problem with either.

I say get one...or 2...
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:34:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/12/2006 7:35:16 AM EDT by Joker18]
I have a SOCOM 16. I love it. Mine has a forged bolt and shoots well. Despite the recent article in American Rifleman, SA informed me that the gas system on the SOCOM 16 is identical to the gas system on the SOCOM II. As a matter of fact I was informed by SA that both rifles are identical except for the cluster rail system. The gas system on the SOCOMS however is not identical to the standard M1A gas system. I was further enlightened that one can purchase the SA rail system for the SOCOM 16 and convert it to a SOCOM II. The question is do you want an 8.5 lb. rifle or a 10.5 lb. rifle. What do you shoot the most; target, hunting, long range or 300 yards or less. The answer will describe the best variant M1A for your needs. The Scout Squad is a good rifle, the standard M1A is a good rifle. As those have already said, everybody makes a lemon occasionally. Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:39:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By KD5TXX:
"im ready to drop some searious bling on a springfield "

You're gonna have to translate that for me.

I have 2 Springfields and have never had a problem with either.

I say get one...or 2...

School must have let out early
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:32:36 AM EDT
My .02, I got a SA M1a and I love it. Only problem I have had with SA was with their scope and that was just my fault that I didn't snag a sunshade when I had a chance before they ended production. Can't fault a company for something they don't have-

Buy one, you'll love every second of it
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:36:26 PM EDT
thanks all. i just needed some extra confidence before i signed the check. it will make it alot easier for me. going with the camo bush rifle . will let you all know how it goes. thanks!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:44:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:08:35 PM EDT
I have 3. No complaints.

Max
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:48:26 PM EDT
Can someobdy throw out some prices on the 16 for me? Maybe dealer cost, good used price, good cost from a dealer, etc?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:40:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:20:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By W1CK3D:
Can't fault a company for something they don't have-

QC????

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:28:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By racecar:

Originally Posted By W1CK3D:
Can't fault a company for something they don't have-

QC????

But what do I know, I have a LRB
Top Top