Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2016 6:48:42 PM EDT
Can 3/4 threads be turned on a .740 diameter barrel. Obviously the barrel is .010 under, but would there be enough meat there for a good thread?
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 8:04:33 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a tad bit under, but the thread major isn't the important part of the thread dimension anyways.

Link to dimensions
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 8:18:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Great, thanks. It appears like it falls between the min-max, so it looks like it shouldn't be a problem.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 9:28:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know what you plan to put on the muzzle but without a shoulder it will be difficult to get good bore alignment. Not workable for a silencer but should be OK for a muzzle brake.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 12:04:41 PM EDT
[#4]
You'll be able to index off the muzzle face instead of the shoulder, I know for a fact that AAC and KAC make suppressor mounts that are ment to do this. I've done it on sr25 and 300blk builds
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top