Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2008 2:03:40 PM EDT
I'm looking to buy a second BCG for my Bushmaster M4 and I was ready to purchase this when I saw "Auto" in the Product Name....if I purchase this, is my M4 now full auto????

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BCM+Bolt+Carrier+Group+AUTO+MP
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:12:13 AM EDT
[#1]
No......this will not make your ar full auto.  That function takes place in the lower receiver.  This is an upgraded BCG.  A full auto ar will be better served with this because of the stress placed on the BCG with full auto firing.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:12:16 AM EDT
[#2]
no its just a Bolt thats designed for full auto use. i think.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:13:10 AM EDT
[#3]
It will in no way make your gun full auto and is entirely legal to use in your AR15.  It has been discussed to no end on these boards.  The only difference between an M-16 and AR-15 carrier is the M-16 carrier has more material on the bottom rear to trip an auto sear.  Some will tell you the additional mass may increase reliability, but that may be entirely theoretical.  Just buy it and don't worry about it.  I have one of those and it is a very nice BCG.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:14:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Well if its designed to handle Full Auto stress then i def. want to get it....
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:19:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Many people use ar15 (semi) carriers and have no problem if you want it thats cool - but its not necesarry(sp?).
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:22:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I sold my BCM carrier when I parted out an upper for new build funds.  Seeing as the ATF has a habit of changing things to screw people I feel it best to use only semi auto parts from now on.  Just personal preference.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:34:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm looking to buy a second BCG for my Bushmaster M4 and I was ready to purchase this when I saw "Auto" in the Product Name....if I purchase this, is my M4 now full auto????

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BCM+Bolt+Carrier+Group+AUTO+MP

yes, it sure will, now go spend money on it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:47:15 AM EDT
[#8]
nope
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:09:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Not a chance.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:25:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:52:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BCM+Bolt+Carrier+Group

+AUTO+MP

I dont think you quite get it yet. Maybe a little research might help some.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:11:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Crickets...post 3

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:15:30 PM EDT
[#13]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BCM+Bolt+Carrier+Group

+AUTO+MP

I dont think you quite get it yet. Maybe a little research might help some.

I get it now.. It wont make my bushmaster full auto...its just meant to withstand full auto fire
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:20:41 PM EDT
[#14]
IBTL
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:22:10 PM EDT
[#15]
If used in conjunction with a properly machined lower and a full auto fire control group, the M16 bolt carrier group will allow for full auto fire.
Basically an M16 BCG will not give you full auto, but you cannot* get full auto without it.

*I know there are exceptions.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I get it now.. It wont make my bushmaster full auto...its just meant to withstand full auto fire

Not exactly.
It is designed to facilitate FA when used with the rest of the FA parts.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:41:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

its just meant to withstand full auto fire

It would be more accurate to say that it's meant to ALLOW full auto fire, when the rest of the rifle is of a select fire configuration. Semi auto carriers with the cutaways that prevent thei use for full auto are just as strong. They just won't work in a selsct fire piece.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:51:40 PM EDT
[#18]
There is a much stronger case (IMHO) for the shrouded firing pin carriers, regardless of how the rear of the carrier is machined.
The shrouded firing pin prevents the hammer from fouling the pin, sometimes bending FPRPs or other mischief.
Moon
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top