Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/5/2004 5:17:14 PM EDT
i just got my c&r and theres a show in a couple weeks. if i find something i give the vendor the license and i leave with the gun? is there any paperwork that the dealer must generate? tia
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:35:58 AM EDT
The only firearm you can buy from a private party is a C&R rifle or shotgun that is over 50 years old. All other firearms transactions must be processed through a dealer and you must wait 10 days before you get pick up the firearm. If you buy from a dealer, even 50 year old rifles and shotguns are subject to the 10 day wait. You would be exempt from the waiting period if you have a certificate of eligibility from the Cal DOJ along with your C&R FFL.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:09:04 AM EDT
thanks so there is a 10 day wait for c&r's. what about when i do a mail order does the dealer at the other end wait 10 days before shipping? im new to this tia.........
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:08:46 AM EDT
The only thing you can legally order from out of state and have sent to you in California is a rifle or shotgun that is over 50 years old. They are not restricted under California law. You can purchase any C&R in person while out of state and bring the firearm back with you to California, except for those "evil assault weapons". Handguns would have to be registered with DOJ within 5 days.
Top Top