Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2002 1:27:52 AM EDT
Ok, there is sooo much red tape if you want to build a pistol. so I think Im going to just buy a cheapo, (-$100) lower, weld my best 30rd mag in and throw a 7-1/2" upper w/ birdcage hider on it, and maybe a CAR stock instead of pistol buffer. I know a fixed mag sucks! (have to load with stripper clips) but, this way it is way cheap, i can have evil features and handguards, and I dont have to keep it light, or conform to all of those stupid laws, (think OA-98) and it will look cool as hell, (one day ill build a real one) but I have 1 question if I fix the mag, do I need to register the lower as a pistol???? thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 5:11:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought you would be on the way to Colorado driving your red sports car and carrying 15 rifles that all look like machine guns - and here you are asking legal questions again.

You need a full-time attorney experienced in the area of firearms law.

Every day I check on you to see who you're trying to 'ENTRAP' now and on what subject.

OUT HERE ON AR15.com WE MAKE EVERY ATTEMPT TO CONFORM TO ALL THOSE STUPID LAWS !!!
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 6:20:27 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I thought you would be on the way to Colorado driving your red sports car and carrying 15 rifles that all look like machine guns - and here you are asking legal questions again.

Every day I check on you to see who you're trying to 'ENTRAP' now and on what subject.

OUT HERE ON AR15.com WE MAKE EVERY ATTEMPT TO CONFORM TO ALL THOSE STUPID LAWS !!!

Yeah! What he said!  Stupid gay laws!
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 7:14:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes we obey all those dumb laws...

What's the point in a pistol? unless you reload your own ammo from the Hogdon Manual, then you'll be lowering your FPS so fast that you'll .22WMR ballistics...

NOt good

-Chuck
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 9:42:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Im driving back to Colorado in 2 days,  I just think the pistols look cool, I guess
thanks for all the help (sarcasticly)
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 10:58:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Im driving back to Colorado in 2 days,  I just think the pistols look cool, I guess
thanks for all the help (sarcasticly)

Helping you 'out' is one of my new goals in life.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 11:03:13 AM EDT
[#6]
thanks, Ill try to go a few days without asking any legality questions. ok?
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 11:04:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Helping you 'out' is one of my new goals in life.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 4:27:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, let's assume for a minute that you don't know....don't put the CAR stock on a pistol or you will have a short-barreled-rifle that will require registration with the BATF.

You were kidding, right?
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 4:35:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Damn Straight
This guy is either a troll or an idiot. Sorry if you are genuine MAHABALI but as they say "stupidity hurts and it should" You ask a question about breaking the law every few days. Seriously man, what is up with that?
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 11:19:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Im no troll, Im just tying to figure out what I can and cant do with an ar15. its REALLY complicated. I am not asking questions about breaking the law, I am asking questions about following the law.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 11:38:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yes we obey all those dumb laws...

What's the point in a pistol? unless you reload your own ammo from the Hogdon Manual, then you'll be lowering your FPS so fast that you'll .22WMR ballistics...

Someone else on AR15.com metnioned that they got over 2200 FPS with a 7.5" barrel...  Not too shabby.

mark
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 6:24:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I guess that it is just hard to believe that you know the laws well enough to know that you are not allowed to manufacture an AR pistol that weighs more than 50 ounces if it has a detachable mag, but don't know what a SBR is. Oh well.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 10:52:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I just thought that all the rules went out the window if you fixed the mag. guess not. I saw the AR pistol with the CAR stock in 3000 miles to graceland, and thought it was really cool
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 11:02:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Actually that was probably not a pistol.  Erm let me rephrase that, if it had a CAR stock it definitely was not a pistol.  It could have been a SBR or a FA RR.  

edit-

www.subguns.com has a good section on Firearms Laws.  Both for the NFA of '34, and the AW of '94.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top