Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2002 5:03:14 PM EDT
I got the Eagle Arms M15A2 at my local shop. I only got to shoot it about twenty times today I think I will go buy a scope for it tomorrow.  The rifle shots very sweet.

Thank You all for the help
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:06:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats...

Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:06:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats. It's customary to ship your new rifle to a Team AR-15 Member for inspection and testing. Feel free to contact me for my shipping and FFL information for transfers.

Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:51:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats... I bought a Bushmaster DCM last month and love it. Shooting .223s are a blast. No pun intended.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 7:33:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome! Post a pic, I would like to see it!
I have an Eagle Arms EA-15 (preban).
My other ARs are Bushmaster.
Here's my Eagle:

Link Posted: 5/28/2002 7:39:00 PM EDT
[#5]
That's a beauty! Welcome to the club!
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 7:42:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
That's a beauty! Welcome to the club!

Thanks, but it's mine. Destroyer hasn't posted his yet.

Link Posted: 5/28/2002 7:50:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I got the Eagle Arms

M14A2

???
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 7:50:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I got the Eagle Arms M14A2 at my local shop. I only got to shoot it about twenty times today I think I will go buy a scope for it tomorrow.  The rifle shots very sweet.

Thank You all for the help

Congrats!

Your AR will get lonely, so go buy more.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 8:24:23 PM EDT
[#9]
sorry boys mom took the digital camera to work so it might be a couple days before I can post a picture.  Since I've bought the rifle, my dad drilled out the sling swivel so I could mount my Harris bipoid on it.  Just got back from Wal-mart my parents bought me a Nikon buckmaster 3-9-40 scope for it and I got a couple more boxes of ammo. tomorrow I'm going to the gun shop to get it mounted.  what would an Armalite scope mount cost or same equivalent cost,  do you think they would mount it for free since I bought the rifle there and the scope mount.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 8:49:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
sorry boys mom took the digital camera to work so it might be a couple days before I can post a picture.  Since I've bought the rifle, my dad drilled out the sling swivel so I could mount my Harris bipoid on it.  Just got back from Wal-mart my parents bought me a Nikon buckmaster 3-9-40 scope for it and I got a couple more boxes of ammo. tomorrow I'm going to the gun shop to get it mounted.  what would an Armalite scope mount cost or same equivalent cost,  do you think they would mount it for free since I bought the rifle there and the scope mount.

You said it was an M14A2? I assume fixed carry handle if it's A2. All you need is a carry handle mount and some weaver scope rings.
You can do that yourself. You may want to ask your gun shop to boresight the scope for you
after you mount it. It'll save you some time/ammo to zero it in and tweak it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 9:04:54 PM EDT
[#11]
destroyer,
don't listen to this guy...!! we "Zonies", "stick" together, if'n ya git maa drift..., sooooo, it is absolutely essential that you bring it to one of your neighbors, it will get passed around thru from one Zonie to another & it will eventually get back to you..., wyth our full approval of course !!!!!!!!!

trust me on this.................

Quoted:
Congrats. It's customary to ship your new rifle to a Team AR-15 Member for inspection and testing. Feel free to contact me for my shipping and FFL information for transfers.

Link Posted: 5/28/2002 9:20:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Congratulations!! Prepare to give up any extraneous activities to support an addiction that will last a lifetime.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 10:36:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Congratulations! If feels so good when you get your first AR.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 10:37:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Congrats!

If you purchased the rifle and scope mounts from the same dealer I would think they would mount it and bore sight it for you.  However, some dealers do charge for this service no matter what.  It should not run more than $15 to have it mounted and bore sighted.

medcop
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 11:11:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I said it was an M15a2 it has a removable caring handle I'm going to take the handle off to mount the scope.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 12:38:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Just on the flat top? then you dont have to buy anything, just throw that sucker on there. then go shoot it and see where it hits... sighting scopes in is fun!

On the other hand, I have a bushy with a flat top. and removable carry handle, but I mounted the scope on a rail on top of the carry handle anyway,  it didnt look right without the characteristic AR carry handle.. Maybe Im crazy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top