Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/7/2005 11:08:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/7/2005 11:17:45 AM EDT by TheRealKiller]
well hopefully I haven't made a mistake but I traded a Colt match target 20" and some cash for a Springfield Armory M1a Loaded. I has a MN stainless barrel, the chip all the paint off black stock, a Gen 3 SA mount and the gen2 scope. the serial is in the 12xxxx range is this thing going to be a lemon and did I just give away I sweet shooting rifle for a POS?

yes I've read that it may be a POS scope but I can't afford a real scope right now/ever How do you use the reticule on this thing? I've been looking around on the web and mostly I've found some convoluted gibberish on how to use it. does anyone have a reprint of a manual or something?

BTW bore looks good no cracks in the receiver or above average wear on any parts and other than the paint on the stock chipping it looks great.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:30:21 PM EDT
Email sent. I've got the same scope as you have. Right now it's on my Savage hvy bbl 308. I like mine, but I've read a lot of "I've heard these scopes don't hold up!" stories on the forums. But I've never seen anybody post their actual bad experience. I've had mine on the rifle 2-3 yrs now and no problems. 400-500 rounds. I don't use mine for rangefinding, but use the range marks for holdover and it works pretty well. You've got to reload your shells to 2550 fps for this to work. So far I've got a load for the Savage in that range that'll shoot 1 1/2" at 300 yards. Haven't got it yet, but I've got an M1A coming and figure on putting this scope on it. Figured I might as well try that one on it as any. Check your email and I'll try to send you the manual. Greg
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:41:55 PM EDT
I love my Loaded.

Strongly recommend you send the front band and gas cylinder off to be unitized. Go to www.m-14forum.com and look up member named hueygunner; he does great work at good price with quick turnaround.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:02:59 PM EDT

coyotewillie

I email you back thanks
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:36:01 PM EDT
I know everyone knocks the SA scopes but I've got the cheap 6X40 gov't model and I shoot 2-3 MOA with the occasional 1 1/2 MOA using surplus Port and SA. From the bench on a Harris bipod of course.

Oh yeah, it's mounted on an new model ARMS 18.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:11:50 PM EDT
I have a 2nd Gen on my 700PSS, and it has held up great after about 800 rounds. Very good for the $$$, IMO.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:41:33 PM EDT
well thanks for the input on the scope I will surely give it a try. Thanks to coyotewillie I now know how the reticule works thanks man.
Top Top