Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2006 9:43:02 AM EDT
I just wanted to let you guys know that the experence that i had with blackhawk service.  I bought a pair of gloves from a dealer online.  When I received them there was a tear in the gloves, it was very obvious and I can't belive they made it out the door.  I called BHI and they told me to ship them back on mu own dime and that they would look at them and make a decision what  they wanted to do.  is it just me or has their sevice gone into the crapper the last few years.  After going round and round with them, i just toild them to keep the ra# and that I would never buy anything from them again.  Now i remember why I HSGI gear, it works and Gene stands behind it.  Well my venting is over, but BLACKHAWK SUCKS IN MY MIND.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:48:57 AM EDT
[#1]
What about returning them to the dealer where you purchased them?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:36:03 AM EDT
[#2]
A big +1 on HSGI and Gene, I've never spoken with a nicer guy and he builds some great stuff!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:43:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I've never had a problem with any of my BH gear, so I can't comment on their customer service.  Your post is very informative.

That said, HSGI gear is the shit.
I've got three sets of their 2x pistol mag pouches and the quality is outstanding.
I wouldn't hesitate to try anything they make and SKD is my preferred source.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:11:42 AM EDT
[#4]
i could contact the dealer, but its more of the point now.  i would rather just take the loss & never buy their foreign crap.  i used to buy blackhawk gear when they just started out, but i won't waste my $$ or time again.  eagle is better anyway, and made in usa.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:43:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i could contact the dealer, but its more of the point now.  i would rather just take the loss & never buy their foreign crap.  i used to buy blackhawk gear when they just started out, but i won't waste my $$ or time again.  eagle is better anyway, and made in usa.

I don't understand why you're willing to take the loss. Return them to the dealer that sold them to you. Was it a reputable dealer? Someone from the boards? A dealer should have no problem refunding you or crediting you.

I know Blackhawk told you to pay for return shipping but did they mention anything about refunding you when the returned the gloves? I bought some mags from Brownells and one was damanded. I returned it, paid for shipping and when they sent me a replacement a check, covering my shipping was included.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:59:13 PM EDT
[#6]
+1
Contacting the dealer should have been the first thing you did in my opinion. Then if he couldn't or wouldn't do anything for you THEN contact the manufacturer.

Quoted:
What about returning them to the dealer where you purchased them?

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:00:29 PM EDT
[#7]
BH stated that they would not pay for shipping back to them.  I bought the gloves from az gunrunners, along with some other gear.  I am to the point that i don't even want hellstrom gloves now.  the new ones are alos alot thinner/cheaper feeling than the pair I ahve had for about 5 years.  It just shows haw far BH has gone down in quality.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:01:09 PM EDT
[#8]
What do you expect when an American Company that is supposed to be made up of Navy Seals outsources to Vietnam?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#9]
AMEN!  Blackhawk quality service and hell even their new designs suck compared to when they started  They just got too big for their britches and forgot what it was like to be on the line using the stuff.  Its all about the dollar...even for "a bunch of ex-seals".  Don't kid yourself.  They're plain old business men know.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:30:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
BH stated that they would not pay for shipping back to them.  I bought the gloves from az gunrunners, along with some other gear.  I am to the point that i don't even want hellstrom gloves now.  the new ones are alos alot thinner/cheaper feeling than the pair I ahve had for about 5 years.  It just shows haw far BH has gone down in quality.  

All the more reason to return them and get your money back. The gloves are torn and you are not satisfied. Return them to AZ Gunrunners and get a refund or credit. Not returning them for spite is only hurting you.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:50:35 PM EDT
[#11]
i may return them.  i just can't believe how lame BH is being.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:08:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Good luck!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:47:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I had great experience with Blackhawk, I ordered directly. I am in a Guard MP unit and needed new gear for an upcoming security mission.  

Ordered online 2/4/06, shipped 2/7/06, received 2/10/06.

Everything is as I ordered it, and nothing was damaged.  

After reading all the BHI bashing here I was hesitant to order from them, but I am glad I did.
I will report on how the gear performs as well as post photos.

SSG D
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top