Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/5/2004 1:00:51 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/5/2004 1:02:28 PM EST by chapperjoe]
I'd prefer a harris, but what are my options for putting any bipod on this?
also, the end of my barrel has a single NOTCH type cut on the bottom - perfect rectangle machined cut into the end. Is this for a flash hider?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:47:15 PM EST
if it's at 6 o'clock it might be for the flash suppressors lock ring, goes into the notch when the fs lines up with it, and the pin is driven through the fs and the ring. It acts like a key in a keyway, stops the fs from turning, wether it;s spaced tight with the internal positioning washers or not.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:31:27 AM EST
There aren't any bipods I am aware of that mount up to the barrel or handguards the way they do to a FAL. My shooting buddy just used that hole in between the hg halves on the bottom to fasten a Harris.

If your L1A1barrel is cut like mine that notch is all the way on the tip of the barrel. In order to attach an L1A1 FH you will need to have the barrel re-threaded and the notch re-cut if you want to lock it on.
I simply reamed out the threads on the inside of the FH I had and drilled and threaded it on the bottom for two set screws which I also counter-sunk to seat them partially into the barrel.
Not 110% 'historically accurate' but a shorter barrel isn't either.
Top Top