Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 4:36:41 PM EDT
looked at a few benelli M1's today.. 2 of them had "benelli" on the frame and one had "heckler & koch" on the frame

they looked identical except for that...

so whats the diffrence? is it just an older M1?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:58:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:09:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Correct. Like the Japanese, Benelli used H&K to market their tactical type shotguns for several years until they decided to strike out on their own. This happened sometime around 1997 I think, but do NOT quote me on that. I might add that H&K "used" Benelli as well since they build a great shotgun, and the later / current Fabarm/HK  shotguns do not fill the void left by the Benellis in H&Ks lineup.

Right on Ikor.

Benelli used HK to market their shotgun, and it was a great partnership. HK had great contacts with Law Enforcement and civilian sales, and the Benelli was so strong and sturdy it was as reliable as a P7 or MP5.

The downside for HK, is that they spent 15 years marketing the Benelli shotgun as the best semi auto on the market. And it worked. Benelli are loved by hunters, LEOs, and sport shooters. Who would have thought you would get cheap Duck hunters or deer hunters to open their wallets to spend $1,000 on a shotgun.

In 1997 or 98 when HK and Benelli split (because Benelli had Benelli USA and no longer needed HK) HK was left with out a shotgun line.

HK then teamed up with Fabarm. The bad part for HK was that the Benelli was so well liked and trusted that no one wanted a Fabarm because HK spent 15 years telling and showing the public that Benelli was the best.

Chris
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:41:40 AM EDT
[#3]
There is a difference between an HK-imported Benelli and a Benelli USA model that goes beyond cosmetic.  Not all of them, but most HK Benellis have the ability to load an additional shell on to the lifter through the ejection port. To do this:  Load the mag tube fully, pull the bolt back just shy of locking and hold it there manually (do not let it lock back).  With the bolt held back manually, the lifter will pivot upward as if to load a round.  From this position simply push the loading gate down and place a round on top of it.  You can then put another round into the chamber and let the bolt go into battery over the lifter round.  This way you can do 7 (mag tube)+1 (chamber)+1 (lifter) with the full-length mag tube. Benelli USA guns can only do 7+1.

This is not possible on Benelli USA guns because the bolt carrier is notched in a certain place and locks the lifter in the upward position when the bolt is back, so an additional round cannot be placed there through the ejection port.  Benelli USA bolt carriers can be modified to do this, but they do not come this way.  Most HK Benellis do not have this notch, though the notch was added toward the end of the Benelli HK relationship, so there are some later HK-marked Benells that cannot do this.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:46:39 AM EDT
[#4]
what an H&K in average condition worth?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:27:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Need more info.  What's the exact model?  Pistol grip stock or conventional?  What type of barrel?  What's the magazine capacity?  What type of sights?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:44:50 PM EDT
[#6]
bead site ,conventional stock, normal cap. i think it said super 90?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:50:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd say around $500-$550 for truly average, which I would interpret as 70% condition.  There really is no brand name premium on an HK gun.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:25:37 PM EDT
[#8]
its at a gander mountain.... $670 i think it has on it.. so i'm gonna pass on it...
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:39:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Smart.  You can get a new one for about $25 more from several sources.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top