Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 9/10/2004 3:48:02 PM EST
I have a Benchmade 3550-SBT Mel Perdue Automatic and the spring broke. I tried to fix it myself and that was not a good idea. I lost the ball bearing in the safety lock and need a new spring aswell.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:28:42 PM EST
Just call Benchmade and tell them you need to send it in for repair. They will give you an RMA# to send it back. Put it in a package with a check for $5.00 and they will take care of you. I sent one back because the pocket clip on one of mine got tore off completely pulling the allen screws out and screwing up the threads (long story). I called and they said send it back. I did and it was returned three weeks later with a brand new handle and all cleaned up and sharpened they even buffed some of the scratches off the blade and oiled it. I had to rub it in my buddies face who makes fun of me for buying $100+ dollar knifes, but that is the reason why.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:31:43 PM EST
You may have problems sending it in because it's an auto. I used to work at a store that sold these things and the only way for our non-LE or non-military customers to get warranty work was to have us ship it in for them.

Call ahead to make sure what their policy is now.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:52:44 AM EST

Originally Posted By norman74:
for our non-LE or non-military customers

Didn't think about that part.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:27:44 PM EST
I'm military, thats why they sold it to me.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:32:11 PM EST

Originally Posted By 223ordy:
I'm military, thats why they sold it to me.

Shouldn't have any problem then. I suspect that the law in Florida is quite a bit more lax than the one in Cali when it comes to autos.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:10:07 PM EST
Am leaving soon, going back to VA. Will get it fixed when I get there. Besides what Cali don't know won't hurt them. I don't advertise my knife anyway.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:53:03 AM EST
a littlew off topic but I have a question regarding the 3550.

I just got the 9050, and while I love the thing, it is a bigger knife that I would carry everyday.

Is the 3550 a smaller version, and what review would you give it with respect to size, functionality etc.?

I guess the reliability aspect is somewhat questionable, or did you damage it somehow?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:44:46 AM EST

Originally Posted By redfisher:
a littlew off topic but I have a question regarding the 3550.

I just got the 9050, and while I love the thing, it is a bigger knife that I would carry everyday.

Is the 3550 a smaller version, and what review would you give it with respect to size, functionality etc.?

I guess the reliability aspect is somewhat questionable, or did you damage it somehow?

Thanks

I have the model prior, the 3500. I like it much better than the newer 3550. It's slimmer than the newer model. I can only imagine that they made it thicker due to some sort of problem with the 3500, but it might have been a manufacturing issue. I carry mine inside my wasteband when I can't carry a gun and have on nice pants. The thin profile comes in handy in those situations. I have had mine for at least 5 years and have had zero problems with it.
Page Armory » Blades
Top Top