Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2003 2:04:38 PM EDT
I would like to find a 18" or 20" barrel with ghost rings and hold a tight group.  I have read about some but I can't remmember who made them? Thanks for any help
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 3:36:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I sell [RIOT BARRELS] factory remington 870 18inch barrels that will hold 3 inch magnum rounds and 2 3/4 shells. they are bead sight only.in very good condition $75 shipped. call me for more info. JASON IN VA 757 715-4689
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 4:16:25 AM EDT
[#2]
ghost ring on the barrel?  that's new to me.  

usually they are mounted on the receiver.
i have seen a cheesy looking fiber optic "turkey hunting" ghost ring.  i guess you could mount it on a 18" barrel.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 6:27:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Like some of the others said, Ghost ring sights usually consist of a rifle-style post on the end of the barrel and the ghost-ring rear on the receiver itself a few inches in front of your eye.  Most reputable gunsmiths can install the rear sight for you at a modest cost.  Wilson combat and many others sell the parts needed for this.

Barrels with regular rifle-style front sights are easy to find.  I got mine at www.cdnninvestments.com.

If you do not want to tap your receiver for the rear sight, get a non-rifled barrel that has rifle sights.  This has a shorter sight radious, but is still useful and can get you on target very quickly.  Rifled barrels spread out buckshot too fast, so stick with smooth-bore barrels.  Regular Foster slugs are typically accurate out to 100 yards easily in smooth barrels.

Here is a good one rifle sight barrel that is non-rifled:

http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/381172

Hope this helps!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top