Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 8/5/2015 8:56:48 AM EDT
Anyone order a can through these guys. They're running a good deal on surefire socoms right now.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 9:12:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Find myself wondering the same thing. Deal is decent but looking around shows they don't exactly have the greatest customer service.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 2:01:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Find myself wondering the same thing. Deal is decent but looking around shows they don't exactly have the greatest customer service.
View Quote

Have to agree with this.  I dealt with the owner a bit on a deal for a barrel and he wasn't exactly pleasant and thought rather highly of himself.

It is a great deal though and I want one
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 2:45:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I am pondering picking up another RC since the price is so good.  Wanted to hear some feedback first though.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 4:17:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered one online Sunday. Called Tuesday to see if they received my SOT's info. They answered the phone and had to retrieve the SOT's email from their spam box. The employee then said the person who completes the paperwork was at lunch and would email me the copy of the Form 3 which is supposedly filled out in 24 hrs from receiving the SOT's info.

I'll try to keep everyone posted about the next 24 hrs. I'm out to Sea now and Cell coverage is in/out.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 2:35:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I actually just started a thread and wanted to try and pick up a socom for a good price. Here's my OP from the other thread. I'll just follow this one though.

I tried calling to place an order but they aren't answering. Some google searches show some mixed reviews as well so just wondering if anyone else has experience with them and if they are GTG?

Link Posted: 8/6/2015 3:30:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I actually just started a thread and wanted to try and pick up a socom for a good price. Here's my OP from the other thread. I'll just follow this one though.

I tried calling to place an order but they aren't answering. Some google searches show some mixed reviews as well so just wondering if anyone else has experience with them and if they are GTG?

View Quote

I've placed three orders through them over the past two years. Only problem I ever had was an order for a set of ARMS scope rings. It took at least 6mos to ship and constant emailing back and forth. Finally called to cancel it and they said they were shipping it that day, which they did. My other two orders went through flawlessly. At the time, the ARMS rings were out of stock everywhere so I attribute it to that. Overall, I've been happy with them and will order from them again.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 5:10:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I've placed three orders through them over the past two years. Only problem I ever had was an order for a set of ARMS scope rings. It took at least 6mos to ship and constant emailing back and forth. Finally called to cancel it and they said they were shipping it that day, which they did. My other two orders went through flawlessly. At the time, the ARMS rings were out of stock everywhere so I attribute it to that. Overall, I've been happy with them and will order from them again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It may just be me, but I feel like 6 months is a fairly significant shipping delay, especially if it was an in stock item. That's what I'm worried about, these things take too long as it is. I don't need or want someone's laziness to cost me an unneeded month or two
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 5:42:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It may just be me, but I feel like 6 months is a fairly significant shipping delay, especially if it was an in stock item. That's what I'm worried about, these things take too long as it is. I don't need or want someone's laziness to cost me an unneeded month or two
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I fent on it after getting ahold of someone on the phone. I got an order confirmation number. When do I need to start worrying and contacting people about it? 6 weeks ish for a form 3 is what they were saying?

Link Posted: 8/6/2015 6:19:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I ordered one from them and they have been good about returning emails so far. I will update this post when the form 3 is approved.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 6:37:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I ordered one from them and they have been good about returning emails so far. I will update this post when the form 3 is approved.
View Quote

That's good to hear. You know if the form 3 has actually been submitted?
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 7:37:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I ordered a Surefire 556 can on the older deal from them. Took a bit for dealer to dealer (3 months) but every time I called they answered and were pleasant. When it was approved they sent it right to my dealer. All and all they were nice and helpful. I wouldn't hesitate if it's what you want
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 7:48:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I ordered a Surefire 556 can on the older deal from them. Took a bit for dealer to dealer (3 months) but every time I called they answered and were pleasant. When it was approved they sent it right to my dealer. All and all they were nice and helpful. I wouldn't hesitate if it's what you want
View Quote
Thanks. The lady I talked to sounded like she knew what she was talking about when it came to the form 3s so that helped ease my mind a little. I guess I just wait now right?

Link Posted: 8/6/2015 11:04:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I placed an order was assured the can was in stock and told I'd have a copy of the form 3 the next day. 4 days later no submitted forms and no email replies. I'm gonna request a refund tomorrow.  It's probably just another front operation where they sell items when they really don't have them in stock. Granted 800 for a socom is cheap but the process takes long enough never mind the dog and pony show
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 11:29:02 PM EDT
[#14]
I recently purchased a Aimpoint T2 from them.  Received it in less than a week.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 11:29:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I placed an order was assured the can was in stock and told I'd have a copy of the form 3 the next day. 4 days later no submitted forms and no email replies. I'm gonna request a refund tomorrow.  It's probably just another front operation where they sell items when they really don't have them in stock. Granted 800 for a socom is cheap but the process takes long enough never mind the dog and pony show
View Quote

You just need patience.  You will get your can and for a good price.  F3's can run the gamut for processing times.  I jumped in on the legacy 212 can last year.  While I was initially unhappy with the communication regarding my F3, it all worked out with no hiccups.  I got an awesome can with mount for an amazing price.  The wait was worth it.

If I were in your shoes, I'd sit back and semi-forget about it until it hits your dealer for the F4.  If I weren't tied into the legacy cans, I'd buy a couple of these.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 11:30:54 PM EDT
[#16]
I am 5 weeks into a form 3 from another suppressor dealer.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 2:17:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 2:58:24 AM EDT
[#18]
I ordered an RC when they went on sale. Sent an email asking for status and serial number of the can. Have yet to hear back. I am going to call them tomorrow. They were super nice when I first spoke on the phone asking if they could ship my SF3P out earlier and they didn't without hesitation. So I am not worried but I do want to make sure the F3 is sent timely so I don't wasn't time
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 9:49:06 AM EDT
[#19]
I placed an order with them as well and I will have to check on the status of my form 3. When I called they stated they had hundreds of the SOCOMs instock, they probably bought out all the stock from surefire.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 11:34:15 AM EDT
[#20]
anyone who bought one have any updates?
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:17:49 PM EDT
[#21]
I just ordered last week. They charged me at the time of purchase. I also bought a surefire muzzle brake and it says it's on the way.

I haven't called to get a serial number or ask about the form 3 yet. Would you guys wait to do that since form 3's are taking a while or just call and see about getting the serial number for my particular can?
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:28:32 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I just ordered last week. They charged me at the time of purchase. I also bought a surefire muzzle brake and it says it's on the way.

I haven't called to get a serial number or ask about the form 3 yet. Would you guys wait to do that since form 3's are taking a while or just call and see about getting the serial number for my particular can?

View Quote
Since June our Form 3s are running 2-4 weeks...

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 1:26:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ah well that's good to hear. I'll probably contact them sometime to see if they've submitted yet.

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 10:41:29 PM EDT
[#24]
I still have not heard back from them. Sent emails and called a few times with no answer. I just want the serial number and the status. They should have submitted F3 2 weeks ago now
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 11:06:09 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm in the same boat. Ordered the can on 7/6. Few minutes after ordering, I sent them copies of my dealer's info.

I've put in 3 emails now with no response. I just want to know if they got the info and if the f3 has been submitted.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 11:26:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

It was about 5 weeks for 2 of mine with my FFL and going on 2 weeks for another.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 4:51:26 AM EDT
[#27]
I ordered yesterday so tagged for interest.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 9:13:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Going on six weeks since I ordered. Emailed two days after I placed order to ask if they received dealers info responded back quickly. Since then all communication has been non existent. Credit card has not been charged per their website when they file the form three. Pretty unimpressed
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 10:22:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Going on six weeks since I ordered. Emailed two days after I placed order to ask if they received dealers info responded back quickly. Since then all communication has been non existent. Credit card has not been charged per their website when they file the form three. Pretty unimpressed
View Quote

I don't know if you have one, but have you tried Facebook?  I emailed them about the surefires and didn't get a response. Shot them a f-book message and they got back to me within the day.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 10:40:12 AM EDT
[#30]
No Facebook. I emailed again this morning. Gonna give it to end of week, if no progress , will cancel and go a different route. Sucks though such a good price.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 1:44:18 PM EDT
[#31]
They emailed me back this morning. I placed the order on 7/6. They said the f3 was submitted on 7/11. Guess we'll see.

I ordered a different can from QRF on the same day. My dealer received the can last Friday.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 2:04:12 PM EDT
[#32]
They charged me the day I ordered the can on 8/6.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 3:12:18 PM EDT
[#33]
I just got off the phone with them.

Order placed 7/13

They said there was an error on my card and that they never sent the form off because of this. Well that's funny considering my card was charged 2.5 weeks ago!! She said that she did see that was true and not sure what caused the error. Said the F3 would be submitted today. Wouldn't give me the serial number though which I thought was odd. Said they don't want people to start form 4's until approval of form 3. A phone call or reply to email would have been lovely so we could have resolved this a few weeks back. Oh well I guess. Getting a good price

Crossing my fingers it actually gets sent today!!
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 3:26:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Good luck to you all. Too many horror stories online for me to order from them, no matter how good the price. A very shady vendor.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 3:54:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Good luck to you all. Too many horror stories online for me to order from them, no matter how good the price. A very shady vendor.
View Quote

Maybe I'm a gambling man
1) use AmEx
2) estimate 150% of normal NFA times
3) save $400
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 3:57:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Maybe I'm a gambling man
1) use AmEx
3) save $400
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe I'm a gambling man
1) use AmEx
3) save $400

No kidding. You guys will get your cans. UA just isn't the most prompt at answering emails. For the savings, the wait is worth it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 3:58:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

No kidding. You guys will get your cans. UA just isn't the most prompt at answering emails. For the savings, the wait is worth it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe I'm a gambling man
1) use AmEx
3) save $400

Then again maybe $400 is just a lot of money in my world so it's a little easier to convince me to gamble for that kind of savings.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 4:23:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Then again maybe $400 is just a lot of money in my world so it's a little easier to convince me to gamble for that kind of savings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe I'm a gambling man
1) use AmEx
3) save $400

Using AMEX is always a good plan! They have helped me out on so many issues over the years!

I think we will be just fine in the long run. I'd rather save the money and wait then pay more and wait still lol
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 4:47:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe I'm a gambling man
1) use AmEx
3) save $400

It's a lot of money for this guy too.  This deal isn't a gamble though.  People just need to have patience...like I didn't the first go round.  I've been in their shoes and looking back, it was worth the wait.  Still would've been nice for UA to answer me but it worked out just fine.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 7:22:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Emailed today and got a response, it wasn't instant but same day response is fine for the price.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 8:25:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Honestly, for a brand new SF SOCOM for $799 I'm perfectly fine waiting longer than possibly some other dealers take.

Really not a big deal.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#42]
I  picked one up on the 1st. Called today to get a serial #. Girl who answered the phone said her boss will not give out serial #'s stating people try to file the form 4 before the form 3 is submitted. This will make #14 suppressor for me and I have never had that problem. I'll have my C3dealed get a copy of the F3 ASAP.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 8:43:30 PM EDT
[#43]
I noticed that they do not appear to be "in stock" on the website ... has anyone who recently ordered one get one sent to their SOT or at least confirmation of SN?

I would like to order one but was a victim of Shadow Ops and am gun shy...
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 9:24:14 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I noticed that they do not appear to be "in stock" on the website ... has anyone who recently ordered one get one sent to their SOT or at least confirmation of SN?

I would like to order one but was a victim of Shadow Ops and am gun shy...
View Quote
When I spoke with the lady on the phone she said they were in stock. I emailed them asking about the form 3/serial number, but they didn't reply. Others have said they won't give out serial numbers.

Link Posted: 8/15/2015 9:34:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Does the 556socom deal they have come with a mount?
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 10:23:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think any socom comes with a mount
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 10:48:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They do not.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 10:50:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

They do not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They do not.

The Socom2 models will.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 11:07:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The Socom2 models will.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They do not.

The Socom2 models will.

Uhm, where did you hear this?  Silencer Shop has RC2s in stock but does not come with mount...
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 11:17:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You just need patience.  You will get your can and for a good price.  F3's can run the gamut for processing times.  I jumped in on the legacy 212 can last year.  While I was initially unhappy with the communication regarding my F3, it all worked out with no hiccups.  I got an awesome can with mount for an amazing price.  The wait was worth it.

If I were in your shoes, I'd sit back and semi-forget about it until it hits your dealer for the F4.  If I weren't tied into the legacy cans, I'd buy a couple of these.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got fucked on a suppressor deal where the manufacturer went bankrupt and sent my SOT a gutless tube after 13 months from my purchase date.

No form 3 in 45 days, demand a refund (check with your card provided about back charge date limits) . No refund, CC backcharge and be done with it.  

I just went to the SOT today and chopped up my gutless tube with a portaband to remove it from his books. Patience is fine if the wheels are rolling, no replies and no paperwork trial = getting ripped off.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top