Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2009 10:52:03 PM EDT
are suppressors and MG's legal in kansas? I was wondering this because I have one soon to be two suppressors and am possibly looking at being sent to ft riley in a year or so and want to know if I can bring my toys. I have heard mixed info on this. I was also wanting to buy a full auto uzi when I get there if I can. I would be looking for an awnser from someone who is preferably from kansas and is a class 3 owner.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:42:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm from MO but I live on the western side of the state and frequent into KS all the time.

KS changed their laws last year.  NFA in the state of KS is completely legal (with fed papers of course).
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:32:11 AM EDT
[#2]
To elaborate on what ds762 said, Kansas changed their laws to mirror the federal regulations, and this went into effect on July 1 last year.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 3:26:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
To elaborate on what ds762 said, Kansas changed their laws to mirror the federal regulations, and this went into effect on July 1 last year.

I would also add that most web sites that show "NFA Laws By State" are outdated. At least the ones I have seen lately. They still show Ks. as no MG or Silencer.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 3:37:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 5:07:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would also add that most web sites that show "NFA Laws By State" are outdated. At least the ones I have seen lately. They still show Ks. as no MG or Silencer.

MO is now GTG with regards to suppressors too.

But that is only if one holds a federal firearms license (and most MO residents get a Type 03 C&R FFL for this purpose)
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:51:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But that is only if one holds a federal firearms license (and most MO residents get a Type 03 C&R FFL for this purpose)

dose anyone know if you would have to hold and ffl in KS for nfa there as well or can anyone have nfa items in the state now?
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:32:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
dose anyone know if you would have to hold and ffl in KS for nfa there as well or can anyone have nfa items in the state now?

Go re-read my post above.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

NO FFL is needed for ownership .. simple Form 4 transfer papers with your tax stamp and you are good to go in KS
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:11:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I own a title II firearm in KS and  there is no requirement for an FFL .
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 6:55:59 AM EDT
[#10]
bad ass becasue I'll be looking at possibly PCSing to Ft Riley eventually and it will be great to be in a state where I can use my suppressors for once. WA is messed up like that. they will let you own them but its a misdomener to use them. I guess thats the best they could get since they couldnt ban them out right. maybe some day they will reverse thier MG laws again. before 94 you would have been alright.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top