Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 6/3/2003 2:53:10 PM EDT
how did it shoot? accurate?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:30:58 PM EDT
I have ever shot +P+ ammo through CZ75 except Finnish Defence Forces issue 9mm ammo. It is loaded pretty hot. My advise is to get extra power recoil springs to save your pistols slide.
Weakest part of that slide is just under the ejection port, it is likely to get cracked from there.

MN
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:59:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:39:26 PM EDT
As Troy said, the use of +P's shortens the life of ALL guns. It's that simple. The CZ is strongly built, having a steel frame and a rail design that is stronger than most pistols.

Stronger springs isn't always the right answer. Too strong a spring in an auto will cause battering of the gun in the opposite direction. Think of it this way. All a spring does is store energy. If you use a stronger spring to abosrb (actually store) more energy, then more energy is released in the forward travel of the slide. The end result is battering of parts, especially slide stops, holes, etc. You can't just throw in the heaviest spring you can find, you need to throw in the CORRECT spring for whatever ammo you're shooting. Heavy springs also contirbute to increased sight alignment time between shots, as the slide is slamming forward, it will cause the sights to dip farther forward.

A perfect example of this is that most 10mm Delta Elite owners have gone to a lighter spring than stock, and have experienced less problems and less wear than the over-sprung stock set-up.

I would think a buffer would help fi you used +P's.

When you modify a proven, mature design, like the CZ-75, odds are you've changed some other characteristic of the pistol as well. Just make the right changes and you should have no problems.

Ross
Top Top