Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2003 12:03:41 PM EDT
I bought a very beautiful re-parkerized G1 kit from DSA about a year and a half ago and built it into a complete rifle. I used a DSA type 1 upper and the original G1 lower. I'd like to keep the G1 lower as the refinish is beautiful but I have a little tiny bit of play between the upper and lower at the front join pin. The play is horizontal, back and forth but just a little play. Also had to fit the sear and hammer to get the trigger to disengage the sear. Anybody else have this play? I am sometimes too much a perfectionist. Leave it or build a new lower??? Also anyone who has built more than one FAL riddle me this, why does DSA fcg drop right into some metric lowers and not others? I have had them drop right into Steyr lowers and other Steyr lowers needed fitting. I have used FSE fcg once in a Steyr lower and they dropped right in. I love DSA but am starting to move more towards FSE fcg's from now on. Thoughts on either topic?
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 10:51:27 AM EDT
[#1]
No rattling of any kind on my FAL, no 'play', everything is tight, the way FALs should be, now, on the other hand, you should listen to my AR. I would leave it alone as long as the rifle's reliability and function wasn't afected by it. (play)

HUNTER.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 11:02:45 AM EDT
[#2]
There should be no play between the upper and lower when they are fully latched. Some play is normal when the two halves are unlatched.

Is your take down lever touching the lower receiver recoli plate ? If so, you may need to search for an over sized locking piston.

Or, maybe a tighter fitting hinge pin will cure it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 5:17:45 PM EDT
[#3]
No everything locks up tight the play is at the joint pin in front and it is slight. I am not going to put to much concern into it, never had any problems with the rifle. I do believe it is the upper that is the problem. I put four lowers on it with a combo of joint pins and had the same results. It's a DSA receiver and to make things even better I noticed last night that the locking shoulder is wiggling back and forth about 3/16". This is a weird anomoly, of all the DSA gear I have, this is the only issue I have ever had. So to make a long story short the entire upper assembly is going back to DSA monday. DSA is the best I have no doubt they will take care of it. It's nice living ten minutes from DSA. I bout my first kit from DSA at the old Lake County 10 years ago and have been treated very well as a customer ever since. For those in my neck of the woods, you will remember the glory days of the old lake County IL gun show. Thanks for the opinions guys as simple as the FAL is, you are always learning something new.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top