Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2001 7:34:26 PM EDT
Hello, need to know of a reputable gunsmith in central Ky that works on ar-15's..
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 5:36:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you have a problem with shipping your rifle or parts? You may find a source in central KY, but you are limiting your options. What are you wanting done to your rifle?
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 11:47:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Do you have a problem with shipping your rifle or parts? You may find a source in central KY, but you are limiting your options. What are you wanting done to your rifle?

Email headed your way.......
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 11:57:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Got your e-mail. You said:

"Here's my problem.  I had a 16" colt barrel put on a Colt upper
receiver.  I took it to knob creek and found that i had excessive windage to
the left.  At about 25 yards i wasnt even on paper.  I had to move my site
almost all the way to the right to get close to zero."

Sounds like the front sight base may be off. I have heard that front sights can not be readily swapped. My first question would be if the front sight was Colt factory installed or not. I would send that upper to Tommy at Georgia Prescision. He will loc-tite the front site in place as well as bore sight it to assure that it is gonna be on paper.  Call him or e-mail him. One other possibility is that the barrel is bent, but you would probably see that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top