Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/11/2007 4:33:40 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/11/2007 4:34:40 AM EST by RRA_223]
Man this is torture... My class III dealer has had my $700 (give or take) for a month now, and the Trident 9 JUST arrived yesterday. I ordered it on 09/07/07 and it was in stock at SWR.... They only carry gemtech so I had to special order the Trident9 and was waiting for it to arrive via dealer transfer.

So after 2 days of phonecalls, I get the guy at the dealer who doesn't do class III and wasn't sure what I was talking about - but he knew enough to say that the "guy who does that" is at a gun show for the next week.

5 weeks, and I haven't even gotten to the NFA paperwork yet. :(

<Yoda> First toy for me it is - patient I must be. </yoda>

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:26:33 AM EST
Class 3 dealers can definately take their time. I remember on my first form 4 suppressor, waiting was hell.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:31:36 AM EST
its best to get something that is in stock, even if its from a dealer in another state. Special orders take too long.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:54:12 AM EST

Originally Posted By anjan9:
its best to get something that is in stock, even if its from a dealer in another state. Special orders take too long.

Form 3 stuff is taking a month right now so buying from a stocking dealer may not be any better than buying from the manufacturer if you have to across state lines. If a dealer instate has the suppressor already, that will be faster. Manufacturers should be able to fax a form 3 and get approved within 48 hours or less. If NICS checks can be done in 5 minutes these forms should be less than 2 business days.

Now, you don't want to hear this, but you are lucky that things are as fast as they are these days. I remember when waiting 6 PLUS months for a NFA item to be in my hands was normal. Now its more like 2 months. One month for the Form 3 and one for the Form 4.

Its better than it used to be, but still SLOW.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 9:21:23 AM EST
yeah, SWR is out-of-state, but the suppressor was in stock as I had the dealer call. Going from paying to having the suppressor reach my dealer took 5 weeks. I think 2 weeks of that (minimum) was either the dealer or SWR taking their sweet time.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:53:52 PM EST

Originally Posted By RRA_223:
yeah, SWR is out-of-state, but the suppressor was in stock as I had the dealer call. Going from paying to having the suppressor reach my dealer took 5 weeks. I think 2 weeks of that (minimum) was either the dealer or SWR taking their sweet time.

I don't know about that, even when it is in stock, the stocking dealer needs to do the paperwork to ship it to your dealer. I think mine took about a month to transfer from henry to my dealer and it was in stock too.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 12:04:44 AM EST
When I ordered my can, my dealer didn't have it in stock. He sent off to Gemtech for a serial number and once he got that, he didn't have the form 3 cleared yet, but I completed and sent my Form 4 in.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 12:46:35 PM EST
I paid for a M-402 from Gemtech at my dealer on 10-5. Gemtech said it was in stock. This is my first suppressor. Is it possible that I will have this in my hands before Christmas? Is 2.5 months enough time? Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 1:13:27 PM EST
FWIW, it never gets better and SBRs are the same thing. Am waiting almost 2 months for my PS90 SBR. Also ordered another can that should be done in another 4-6 weeks.....everything is 4-6 weeks, until 4-6 weeks later, then it's another 4-6 weeks because of vacations, unexpected orders, etc....

But once it's had--all's right in the world
Top Top