Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2001 4:05:47 AM EDT
Anybody have any?  What does the designation "reclassified" mean?

TIA

Tate
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 2:52:46 PM EDT
[#1]
All the stuff you see around for $9.00 - 15.00 per 50 I believe is reclassified. I bought some from Lippman. It seems OK to me.

Re: "reclassified"

I clipped this from the Caliber Corner at Glocktalk.com One of  the members over there wrote to CCI and this was there response:

"The ammunition that has been reclassified somehow failed to meet a contract stipulation. It is safe to shoot. Most is likely suitable for defensive use, but it would depend on the exact problem. A large quantity fell out for poor nickel plating on the cases. This nickel plating would not compromise the use of the ammunition,
but flaking could present functional problems. Inspection of the ammunition
you have should be able to determine if there is any worry in that regard.
Other lots were reclassified for other reasons. In general I feel it is best to use it for practice and to prove functioning in the gun and stay with ammunition that was not reclassified for actual carry." - Guy Neill, Blount
Sporting Equipment Group

HTH FWIW
40BOY
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 3:02:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 7:15:22 PM EDT
[#3]
This stuff was going for 8 bucks a box of 50 at gunshows.  I wondered, "what's wrong with it"??  Too good to be true??
Bought a box,it ran great in my Hi-Power and Kel-Tec.  Bought 3 more boxes.  Have yet to chrono it, but will soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top